Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never been here before. This is way above what the NHS can handle alone. Many agencies joining forces on this including the military. I know people who are giving up their weekends to get this over the line.
Never on this scale granted but the basics are well honed by the nhs

Yes, I will do v soon. They’ve actually helped with the cough. Obviously painful in the lungs/throat constantly coughing so it’s eliminated much of that.

Also I said hell would (ironically) freeze before I sat with a hot water bottle...I’m now seriously considering marrying mine. As warm & as full of unconditional love as a the greatest lovers.
Girlfriend had a minor op on Saturday and yesterday asked me to do the hot water bottle for her, fucking air in it as I put the water in so it bubbled out all up my arm and wrist!! Fucking sore as fuck.

I will speculate.

The UK information for healthcare professionals quotes:

The number of COVID-19 cases (2) in 660 participants ≥65 years old were too few to draw conclusions on efficacy

and

However, in this subpopulation, immunogenicity data are available, see below.

In other words, the trial proved efficacy in the overall population, but the approval depends on showing equivalent immune response (antibody generation) in older subjects rather than efficacy directly.

My guess is that the very small numbers in the older age group means there is a very large confidence interval on efficacy in that age group, and the lower limit of the confidence interval is 8%. If so, it absolutely does not mean efficacy is 8%, and the MHRA view is that the demonstration of equivalent immune response is sufficient to justify temporary authorisation.

As I said, just speculation.
I’d also add according to Scottish figures so far 45% of over 80s have been done and 96% of total vaccinations so far were with the pfizer which surprised me this afternoon. Don’t know for England.
Is it possible Pfizer is being used on the older and most vulnerable first, maybe most over 70s?

Few words on the longevity of antibodies; this is the study current best knowledge is based on in the UK. That those with antibodies or a previous positive PCR have much lower reinfection rate than not.

The study concludes that after 5 months of follow up on this cohort, "prior SARS-CoV-2 infection protects most individuals against reinfection for at least five months".

Further follow up will provide more data but it is extremely likely, given the prevalence of antibodies after 5 months, that they'll last longer than that. Best knowledge = min 5 months for the vast majority

go on kaz! Give Hancock some praise for buying the vaccines early! You can do it!
They did buy them early that is true , along with astra zeneka taking a financial hit on getting it made despite it not being licensed , that side of things has been well done , credit where it is due , about the only thing they have got right mind you

Girlfriend had a minor op on Saturday and yesterday asked me to do the hot water bottle for her, fucking air in it as I put the water in so it bubbled out all up my arm and wrist!! Fucking sore as fuck.

Karma that for the park run mate comment the other day!!!

They did buy them early that is true , along with astra zeneka taking a financial hit on getting it made despite it not being licensed , that side of things has been well done , credit where it is due , about the only thing they have got right mind you

financial support? Not done bad at all on that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.