Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attack on any journalist asking a question is a bit tedious - they are asking a wide variety each time. I don’t see the problem whether it’s regarding travel, death toll estimations and anything else.

what specific questions are they not answering that we desperately need to know ?
I'd like to have heard some analysis of where the new (and thankfully reducing) Covid cases are arising now, and whether that gives any concern about us visiting supermarkets and offices we were assuming are relatively safe.

I read some countries are mandating much higher grade masks in shops; what does Chris Whitty think about that ?

And with Simon Stevens there, how are NHS staffing levels holding up compared to plan ?

Vaccinations seem to have noticeably slowed in the last couple of days, I expected Sunday to be down, especially with the terrible weather, but yesterday a working day, and the weather was nice in most places, and yet the number vaccinated yesterday was 40,000 lower than 10 days ago.
Sincerely hope it was more than 40,000....

All Autumn they were clamouring for schools closing and circuit breakers/lockdown; for the last few days they seem obsessed with opening schools and ending lockdown.

And the questions out how many will die...

Like @ paulchapo said above, it’s not just the sports press who are scum.
They create the news by pushing shite and conflict rather than report what's actually happening.

I saw something overnight in BBC news channel with a BBC reporter interviewing a woman Trump supporter in the street. She asked if they were CNN she was obviously thick as fuck but when he said BBC she said oh right, gave him a 'wanker' look and just walked off.

There was a day in the past when no matter what side people were on they all respected the BBC. Now even dicks think they're shite.

I do worry for Europe, vaccine roll out is so slow and the Kent varient isn’t really dominant there as yet

As posted at early afternoon.

Wales Vaccination Update:

First doses done yesterday 18, 693 - (triple reported yesterday from Sunday) but well below 23, 991 on Saturday.

Second doses yesterday 38 - they are doing similar low numbers every day of these.

Total first doses 289, 526

Total second doses 581

Scotland vaccination update:

437, 900 total first dose of vaccine - total yesterday 22, 498

6060 total second dose of vaccine - total yesterday 522.

Very similar numbers given as on last few days and double yesterday when weather interfered on the Sunday da

More on Scotland vaccinations

28, 409 care home residents had at least first dose (95% of those in older adult care homes and 89% of all care homes).

37, 394 care home staff (83% and 72% on the two care home types above)

127, 658 of all people over 80 in Scotland living outside of the care home community (51%)

226, 257 front line health care workers (98%)

England did 234, 851 first doses and 1326 second doses.

That was more than the snow effected previous day but just over half the numbers of the two previous days.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, I received my positive test past Thursday. I feel largely okay now however, I've been experiencing this weird tingling sensation/ache all over my back. Never had it before and its so uncomfortable yet ibuprofen/paracetamol doesn't seem to take the edge off it. Has anyone else had similar?

Have you tried cocadomol? That is, the cocodamol you can get over the counter.

Im lost for words at this video. These people need dealing with properly

Just incredible. I'm shocked, when I already thought I'd seen the depths of human stupidity in this pandemic. Bursting in to a covid ward to seemingly try and break out their elderly relative because they don't believe covid is real?

There are hopefully only very few individuals who can intentionally put their entire species at risk, but somehow there's a whole room of them there. Good bet none of them have had a covid test either recently, risking the health of the health professionals they encounter and their families, on their immoral crusade around the place. If a doctor ever tells you to leave because you are risking the lives of others, you bloody well do it. Even if you think covid is a joke, the earth is flat and Elvis lives on the moon.

As if the stresses of being a doctor or nurse were not enough... I really don't know how that guy kept his cool and to his oath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.