Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in my early 30's and mine has gone from August 3 weeks ago to May on current vaccination numbers. The CEO of AZ probably has it right that by late March we should have around half of the population vaccinated.

The thing is though it's difficult vaccinating the elderly and vulnerable because many of these people reside in care homes and they can't travel etc. So really the numbers they've achieved so far is incredible when you consider that.

In later phases younger people are far more mobile and will be able to drive or get transport to vaccination centres and this will rapidly increase rates. Personally if I was the government I'd be making public transport free, or at least hospital car parking free for anyone attending a vaccination appointment.
Exactly. BlueHammer asked what we should be asking at the Covid press conferences; I'd ask what lessons we've learnt about accessibility of vaccination centres and how we could collectively do more to help people get there safely.

NB I'm a volunteer driver so take a lot of old folk to hospital to appointments; making it really easy to park is important to me.

Brother in law left hospital yesterday, an hour after I’ve been admitted. Shortness of breath, can’t string 7 words together. Had X-rays, saline, steroids, liquid paracetamol, and on 6L of oxygen. Oxygen levels 89-90

I had the astra zeneca jab yesterday

Feel like I had about 10 pints of stella last night. All the classic hangover symptons. Didn't touch a drop btw

excess deaths in homes in England, NOT involving covid, stand at 29.4k from March 2020 to 8th Jan 2021.

The country was backed into a corner in October & November but i believe this is a tragic consequence of lockdowns and prioritising covid in hospitals. Many will not have been able to, or scared to, access healthcare.

Last edited:
Things definitely escalating between AZ and the EU

Interesting to see that 1/3 of EU's initial AZ supply is coming from the UK, then potentially more after we do groups 1-9

Presumably if the EU blocked the Pfizer Vaccine coming to the UK, we'd reciprocate?

Exactly. BlueHammer asked what we should be asking at the Covid press conferences; I'd ask what lessons we've learnt about accessibility of vaccination centres and how we could collectively do more to help people get there safely.

NB I'm a volunteer driver so take a lot of old folk to hospital to appointments; making it really easy to park is important to me.
Getting information regarding the vaccination centre was an issue for us. My mum and dad had their jab last weekend. Mum is 82 and has terminal cancer. We wanted to know 1/ can she be vaccinated in the car 2/if she has to go in are there wheelchairs 3/how many ‘carers” can be with them etc etc. We couldn’t get the information from anywhere. We rang the venue who told us completely different information from what her GP surgery told us. We had to go preparing for every eventuality.

Can anyone point to any references that say leaving the second dose for 12 weeks instead of 3 is OK? Quite worried that we may all be having only one dose for political reasons - getting everyone done by mid Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.