Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the UK deaths with out of hospital England to add are today;- 128

Last week at this stage it was 157 - this became 178 on all settings later.

Uk medicines regulator approves covid vaccines for use as booster shots

MHRA says third jab of Pfizer or AstraZeneca would be safe as JCVI meets to decide on booster program..

And the three nation cases total with England to come is :- 10, 964

Last week at this stage it was 9468

England later added 28, 686 to total 38, 154

Yesterday England added 29, 286 to the three nation total of 9689 to total 38, 975

Would appear unlikely we will be below 40,000 today

Thanks to you all for the comments. It is appreciated.

I really do get why some people think this is somehow an ego trip by me for posting data.

But they are wrong. As I have said many times the day is coming when it will not be something we do as we will choose to live with Covid and will need to sideline numbers because they will only get in the way of doing that.

More and more people will drift away from this thread. That will be a good day. I will very much welcome it. As I suspect will most here. But whilst there are still briefings and committees and threats of further restrictions the data will still be out there and debated in the media daily and reported often with their own agenda.

I started doing this in Spring 2020 because I was alerted to the excellent data Gelson's Dad was posting every day. He got driven off here then at the start of this pandemic and never returned. I have no idea why at that time when we were in a huge mess anyone would not want to see the data and decide for themselves rather than be told what it means by whatever media source you happened to follow. But I just took over doing what he was doing because I missed the raw numbers.

There truly has never been anything else to it but that. I have no need to chase followers or publicity. Indeed I actively avoid it. As those who know me understand.

As a writer I have worked with and for the media much of my life. Been employed by both ITV and BBC to do so on projects also. I know their agenda all too well. Been at the sharp end of it more than once in the press despite not being remotely famous as they can and do spin stories as they see fit. So I know the importance of facts over spin.

If I was interested in some kind of self promotion or glory I would be giving my real name and it might even sell a few more books. But I have deliberately avoided doing that as my only intention was to offer up the numbers in the way Gelson's Dad was prevented from doing. I do not want to be part of the story. Just the poster of numbers because I happen to have the time to do this. Which most other people who are younger than me or have ties that I no longer do will have.

When enough people drift away or it becomes obvious the time is right to stop paying daily attention to the numbers I will know it is time to stop posting them.

Or indeed if I am asked to do so by those left on here I will do the same. I have more books to write (indeed just got the proof copy of one I managed to write despite apparently spending all day every day on here posting earlier this year). And I write every month for a newsstand magazine. These are on subjects about as far removed from Covid as you can imagine.

I will be delighted to get back to that and never have to think about Covid again. That day is coming. And the sooner the better for me as well as I am sure most of you.
You really don't need to justify yourself against knobheads like that.

I've said previously that personally I'm ready to just crack on with life now and I've been avoiding this thread as there's a lot of doom and gloom merchants in here, and people who seem to be actively hoping for another lockdown etc.

But you're not included in any of that. All you do is post objective information. I'm delighted to say that to be honest, I've not really read any of it in a couple of months now, but it's useful for some people and you don't deserve a random clown on the internet throwing insults at you like you were subjected to yesterday.

Playing Devil’s advocate, and this is just my opinion and of course I understand if people want to dismiss my comments with a jibe, but….

Personally, I think we are now beyond the point where we need the breakdowns of regional figures, splits within Greater Manchester, regional splits for hospitalisation etc etc.

@Healdplace has done a remarkable job over the last 12/18 months in keeping us updated, I personally still pop into this thread every day to glance read, I feel I’ve moved on from being “addicted” to this thread, but I do think that people don’t take as much notice of the split figures as they used to, certainly no one comments about them.

We are going to be living with covid for a while, maybe forever, and just a nice set of daily stats on the various headline figures, including obviously a country split etc, would be all that i think is now required.

Anyway, just my 2p’s worth.
These are my sentiments exactly, almost word for word how I feel on the matter.

167 all settings deaths

And, surprisingly, 38, 013 cases

Just 27, 049 in England - down 2237 on yesterday & 1637 on last week

I thought Zoe and all those falls today were not going to translate into real numbers, but.... So far so good.

Though it is early days in England schools to expect no real uptick.

GM AND NW HIGHLIGHTS

An OK day for both and GM did better than expected in both day to day and week to week

NW FALLS by 178 on day to 3951

And is UP just 36 week to week from 3915

Out of these numbers GM FELL on the day by 156 to 1381.

This is the majority of the entire NW fall of 178 so GM was well above expectation - though small numbers so only small changes.

And week to week GM fell by 27 - when the region was up by 36.

So again, small numbers so no major changes but if you fall when the region rises you are obviously doing OK.

Only Bury under 100 again but was up week to week.

Wigan up by just 5 week to week but fell a lot from its over 200 numbers in past 2 days

Trafford also had another good day - though not as good as yesterday - and was down 6 week to week. Meaning it also took another 7 points off Stockport for lowest Pop Score in GM. Cutting that lead to just 40

But Stockport did OK too and was down both day to day and week to week.

Only Manchester over 200 and was down 61 on yesterday and 40 on last week.

Nobody really had a bad day today.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

ADMISSIONS - THESE ARE FROM TUESDAY (48 hours old)

LAST TUE // THIS TUESDAY

798 // 801

UP 3 week to week.

By regions (LAST TUESDAY V THIS TUESDAY) :-

LONDON 141 V 123

MIDLANDS 148 V 153

NE & YORKSHIRE 159 V 163

AND

NORTH WEST 121 V 108

So NW admitted the least of the four big regions again and down week to week - as is London.}

But Yorkshire and Midland up slightly.

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

PATIENTS

THIS DATA IS FOR TODAY

6254 DOWN 48 FROM 6302

Last week the equivalent numbers were

6186 - DOWN 50 FROM 6236

WEEK TO WEEK PATIENTS ARE UP BY 68

FROM 6186 TO 6254

LAST WEEK WEEKLY RISE WAS 5893 TO 1186 - UP BY 303

STILL VERY REGIONALLY SPLIT AS YOU WILL SEE:-

BY REGIONS

Today - Up/down on day V last week

LONDON 1190 - DOWN 24 V 1202 DOWN 12 WK TO WK

MIDLANDS 1265 - UP 1 V 1174 / 1226 UP 39 WK TO WK

NE & YORKSHIRE 1210 - UP 21 V 1136 UP 74 WK TO WK

AND

NORTH WEST 933 - DOWN 10 V 962 DOWN 29 WK TO WK

LONDON AND THE NORTH WEST HAD GOOD DAYS BOTH DOWN WEEK TO WEEK.

MIDLAND ESPECIALLY YORKSHIRE GOING UP.

The other smaller regions week to week

East 532 to 487 today - DOWN 57 ON DAY V DOWN 45 WK TO WK

South East 657 to 655 today - UP 8 ON DAY V DOWN 2 WK TO WK

And South West up from 471 to 514 today - UP 13 ON DAY V UP 343 WK TO WK

ENGLAND HOSPITAL DATA

VENTILATORS

THIS DATA IS FOR TODAY

DOWN 9 FROM 896 TO 887

Last week the same days were:

UP 7 FROM 890 TO 897

DOWN 10 week to week 897 - 887

PREVIOUS WEEK UP 25 FROM 872 TO 897

By regions (TODAY V LAST WEEK) :-

LONDON 224 (DOWN 4 TODAY V 226 - DOWN 2 in week

MIDLANDS 174 (UP 6 TODAY) V 180 - DOWN 6 in week

NE & YORKSHIRE 155 (DOWN 1 TODAY V 142 - UP 13 in week

AND

NORTH WEST 124 (UP 5 TODAY) V 115 - UP 9 in week

The other regions LAST WEEK V TODAY

East DOWN 6 FROM 86 TO 80 - DOWN 11 TODAY

South East DOWN 15 FROM 86 TO 71 - DOWN 3 TODAY

And South West DOWN 3 FROM 62 TO 59 - DOWN 1 TODAY

The NW UP week to week today again now sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.