Coronavirus (2022) thread

This winter jab is targetting the Omicron variants and there is evidence it is working against serious illness. It is different from past jabs and my arm was a bit sorer thn usual for 48 hours but that was it.

Had it about 6 weels ago with that in one arm and the flu jab in the other at the same time.

You might be glad you had it if another wave hits mid Winter as is perfectly possible.

I have had omicron and its mild in my experience.if I knew that’s what the 4th jab was for I would not have had it .

i thought omicron was a mild disease

I have had omicron and its mild in my experience.if I knew that’s what the 4th jab was for I would not have had it .

Not for me it wasn’t! Pretty sure they found that there wasn’t that much difference in the severity, it’s the vaccine impact and previous infections that are making it seem milder for some.

Not for me it wasn’t! Pretty sure they found that there wasn’t that much difference in the severity, it’s the vaccine impact and previous infections that are making it seem milder for some.
It has caused death and illnesses, but none serious...

Mild is a pretty massive range. Basically anything that doesn’t put you in hospital is classed as mild.

Some will have no symptoms at all. Some people will have a sniffle. Others will be bed ridden for a week or 2. Some will need hospitalisation, thankfully the latter is reduced with Omicron.

How do you know which variant you had?

Its pretty much only Omicron left, as of about March 2022 it had all but wiped all others off the face of the earth.

going by the data in ourworldindata ( doesn't have complete global mapping mind you ) the only place I can see that has any delta left is Germany with 0.5% of cases being Delta from the last measurements.

Edit: Looking at the data Germany had 0.0% delta at the end of Aug, and a slow increase since, 0.07% on 12th Sept, 0.12% on 26th Sept, 0.51% on 10th Oct. the fact that Delta still has pockets and is growing is something to keep an eye on.

Its pretty much only Omicron left, as of about March 2022 it had all but wiped all others off the face of the earth.

going by the data in ourworldindata ( doesn't have complete global mapping mind you ) the only place I can see that has any delta left is Germany with 0.5% of cases being Delta from the last measurements.

Edit: Looking at the data Germany had 0.0% delta at the end of Aug, and a slow increase since, 0.07% on 12th Sept, 0.12% on 26th Sept, 0.51% on 10th Oct. the fact that Delta still has pockets and is growing is something to keep an eye on.
Didn’t know that.

The ONS Friday weekly report today still had a rise but lower than last week.

At least the BBC reporting today noted that hospitalisations had flattened.

As the last two Thursday reports here show.

The data for the other UK nations now in is doing much the same

Scotland flattened on 884 patients and 5 on ventilators.

Wales was slightly up on 676 with 7 on ventilators.

And N Ireland was falling on 326 but have posted no ventilator numbers since May when it was 1.

These only update now every Thursday evening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.