Coronavirus (2022) thread

Could be either! There’s lots of viruses going round, I was poorly and then got covid on top.

I think this is one of the main things that could hit hospitals this winter, if there is a bad flu year combined with a spike of covid, where people end up getting both at the same time.

Drugs prescribed to reduce cholesterol are likely to cut the chances of serious illness and death from coronavirus, a second study in the past year has found.

Research presented in the US this month showed that statins were likely to have lowered the risk of death and severity of Covid-19 in a study of more than 38,000 patients.
Happy days… turns out my blocked arteries are a positive after all :)

Drugs prescribed to reduce cholesterol are likely to cut the chances of serious illness and death from coronavirus, a second study in the past year has found.

Research presented in the US this month showed that statins were likely to have lowered the risk of death and severity of Covid-19 in a study of more than 38,000 patients.
Wonder if this is a direct effect or just the fact that statins are helping heart health.

Its pretty much only Omicron left, as of about March 2022 it had all but wiped all others off the face of the earth.

going by the data in ourworldindata ( doesn't have complete global mapping mind you ) the only place I can see that has any delta left is Germany with 0.5% of cases being Delta from the last measurements.

Edit: Looking at the data Germany had 0.0% delta at the end of Aug, and a slow increase since, 0.07% on 12th Sept, 0.12% on 26th Sept, 0.51% on 10th Oct. the fact that Delta still has pockets and is growing is something to keep an eye on.

An update on this. it appears as though they update retroactively and down graded Delta in there calculations. seemed to peak at 0.7% and this last week's data is back to 0.0%.

Usual Thursday update:

The patient numbers with covid have still fallen slowly over the week in England. But not at a huge rate.
Enough though that they have fallen daily and been under 10,000 in hospital all week.

Numbers over past 7 days to yesterday:

10,129 - 9935 - 9777 - 9755 - 9692 - 9373 - 9131

Of the regions all are now below 2000.

East and South West are now both below 1000.

South East had the biggest drop from 1715 to 1419

The smallest fall of all the regions was in the North West from 1135 to 1111

Unfortunately ventilated patients are rising a little. These do lag patient changes slightly

In the week they have risen from 193 to 222

London up 19 to 92 is the majority of that. North West is up 3 from 25 to 28

Deaths in England hospitals over the past 7 days were 579 V 550 last week and 462 the week before

The last few days suggest these are now falling too as again they would lag cases and patients

I expect if it continues like this the weekly total will fall.

The last 4 days all are lower than the same 4 days last week.

Here is the Zoe App today

1666904694883.png

As you see it shows a continuing fall but not as steep as the rise and it is hinting at possibly even starting to flatten a little.

Ongoing cases have fallen in the last seven days from 3,064,788 to 2,813,976 today

Daily predicted new cases have fallen over the week from 203,224 to 179,299 today - though the day to day fall has slowed and was only 1541 today.

I would expect the weekly ONS numbers tomorrow - the only ones the media report - to show a small fall as they are basically last weeks numbers. These are probably less accurate but more up to date.

On my 8th day in SRH with Pneumonia. The infection was treated with antibiotics and steroids. Hope to get out Friday / Saturday.

This England. On Sky / Now TV. Anyone else watching this? It’s certainly an eye opener and sheds light on some of the main actor in the covid response. Main things that interested me was the advice of sage, the real cases v reported cases, the role Cummings had and how little Carrie Johnson seemed to understand what her husband did for a living. Obviously was a portrayal based on real events and testimony so may or may not be spot on but worth a watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.