Coronavirus (2022) thread

Not reported in the past two or three weeks as numbers had fallen and then levelled off in real numbers AND the Zoe data - which has hovered around 150,000 cases a day in the UK for around 10 days and the hospital data tracks it well and just showing slight signs of rising now. Though nothing to worry about as yet.

On 1 December 2021 there were 5829 patients in hospital in England and it rose steadily from then on to 17,120 on 10 January - driven of course by the holidays and all the mixing then.

At the moment numbers are rising for the first time in a couple of months and are up from 4600 last Wednesday to 4964 yesterday. Tha 4600 proved the lowest normal number in some time.Though it did fall over last weekend (always the low point of a week to then rise on Mondays) to 4568.

The biggest rise this week has unfortunately been in the North West - up in the past 7 days from 769 to 900 - with 114 of them added in the last 48 hours.Only the Midlands on 942 has more patients today but it is still slowly falling there.

There are 128 on ventilators - up from 117 last week.It went as low as 103 about 10 days ago.
Anyone thinking the vaccines do not make a difference should note that on 1 December 2021 with only 25% more patients there were then 773 on ventilators - seven times today.

England hospital deaths last week (20 - 26 Nov) fell slightly again to 258 from 284 the previous week - the lowest since early September when it bottomed out at 204.

Not going to post regular updates any more. Just if the thread is active as it was now and there are some numbers worth adding, Or until they stop even posting them as they might do soon.

Last edited:
Coronavirus infections across the UK have topped a million again, with cases rising in England for the first time since mid-October, official figures show.

The total testing positive for COVID-19 rose by 6% in the week to 21 November, up from 972,400 for the previous seven-day period, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said.

It is the first increase in nationwide infections since the week ending 17 October and comes a week after cases dropped below a million for the first time since mid-September.

Had a Docs appointment yesterday and she explained that it's still rampant, she seemed a bit annoyed that people have gotten complacent.

Had a Docs appointment yesterday and she explained that it's still rampant, she seemed a bit annoyed that people have gotten complacent.
Just back from Lanzarote, hardly anyone using hand sanitizer going in to eat, some handling bread etc without using the tongues and 50% or so of blokes not washing hands after a piss....a usual British thing unfortunately.

Just back from Lanzarote, hardly anyone using hand sanitizer going in to eat, some handling bread etc without using the tongues and 50% or so of blokes not washing hands after a piss....a usual British thing unfortunately.
In the interest of clarity I witnessed a french lady called Monique Le clair lick her fingers and then place her hand into the honey coated cereal bar jar to extract a breakfast fix, then after composing myself witnessed a german man whos name forskes me, mix it up with his serving tongues, therebye putting the whole hotel population at risk of cross infection. I also saw a spanish lady cough thrice without a mask over the brussel sprouts and baby carrots .. Just saying like.

Last edited:
In the interst of clarity I witnessed a french lady called Monique Le clair lick her fingers and then place her hand into the honey coated cereal bar jar to extract a breakfast fix, then after composing myself witnessed a german man whos name forskes me, mix it up with his serving tongues, therebye putting the whole hotel population at risk of cross infection. I also saw a spanish lady cough thrice without a mask over the brussel sprouts and baby carrots .. Just saying like.
That was quite erotic until you got to the Spanish lady!

Seems to be on the increase again in my area. Never known so many people to have it even at the height of covid.

Have been in close contact with two people at different times in the last few weeks. Both have come down with covid. Guess it's only a matter of time before I get it.

Is it on the increase in your areas

Seems to be on the increase again in my area. Never known so many people to have it even at the height of covid.

Have been in close contact with two people at different times in the last few weeks. Both have come down with covid. Guess it's only a matter of time before I get it.

Is it on the increase in your areas
No idea really. Never hear any mention of it these days. I still haven't had it yet, nor have any of my household (to the best of my knowledge anyway).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.