Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Does anyone know the value of the premier league. Ie how much it is worth over the last ten years or so? I am convinced that this end the season charade is basically just to install LFC as champions.

Over the last few years I have heard numerous times from United fans in foreign countries who now can't watch united, because their national broadcasters don't now buy the Pl since united aren't as good. Surely the opposite is true, a team with a massive following will bring in so much in sales, but I would love to see the figures for the Pl and just how much LFC winnine the title will bring in.

Think about it:
Pl chief says it isn't good for the product if city win by a large margin
Var happens and favours ONE team
Season gets ended prematurely and the Pl launch a media campaign to get it finished
Now they're talking about what they do if they can't finish the season once started Wtf!

Seems to me they're aiming to get LFC over the line, just a few games is all they need.

So does anyone know any stats on the value of the Pl, or maybe how many countries they sell to, it would be nice to see alongside city's success.

Should the Premier League decide to null and void this season 1 or 2 games after they have won the League. This will just go to prove that,that was all they wanted, and nothing else.

It would be impossible to prove that the VAR officials were told to favour Livarpool. This over all other clubs including ours.

Statistics can be made to say what ever you want them to say. As an e.g. Ashton Town have not beaten us this century. The fact that we haven't played them doesn't matter. It is the statistic that matters
I bet if they played us towards the end of the last century they probably did beat us though...

Does anyone know the value of the premier league. Ie how much it is worth over the last ten years or so? I am convinced that this end the season charade is basically just to install LFC as champions.

Over the last few years I have heard numerous times from United fans in foreign countries who now can't watch united, because their national broadcasters don't now buy the Pl since united aren't as good. Surely the opposite is true, a team with a massive following will bring in so much in sales, but I would love to see the figures for the Pl and just how much LFC winnine the title will bring in.

Think about it:
Pl chief says it isn't good for the product if city win by a large margin
Var happens and favours ONE team
Season gets ended prematurely and the Pl launch a media campaign to get it finished
Now they're talking about what they do if they can't finish the season once started Wtf!

Seems to me they're aiming to get LFC over the line, just a few games is all they need.

So does anyone know any stats on the value of the Pl, or maybe how many countries they sell to, it would be nice to see alongside city's success.
Said this as soon as the season was put on hold. The moment they are over the line the season will be over.

So anecdotal evidence then

There have been newspaper articles about it too. I remember reading an article about it in The Times two Saturday’s ago. I read it in a paper copy and the e version is probably behind their paywall, but I’m sure it wasn’t the only report quoting medics talking about evidence of permanent lung damage and scarring of tissue.

There have been newspaper articles about it too. I remember reading an article about it in The Times two Saturday’s ago. I read it in a paper copy and the e version is probably behind their paywall, but I’m sure it wasn’t the only report quoting medics talking about evidence of permanent lung damage and scarring of tissue.
I’m not disputing that there are cases where such damage occurs but we need to know the chances of that happening before we ban all top level sport as some posters on here would like to happen.

I’m not disputing that there are cases where such damage occurs but we need to know the chances of that happening before we ban all top level sport as some posters on here would like to happen.

Yes, tbf, I do recall the article I read was quite frightening to read, but didn’t quote any numbers.
Got to to honest when I read it I didn’t have top level PL footballers in mind, who most likely have a significant level of cash behind them, but ordinary folk who may no longer be able to work, or live a healthy life.
Going back to the article you’d like to think they wouldn’t have put in a major article near the front on the paper based on one or two outlier cases.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.