Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

There will be 800 plus people tested in this first round, with the wealth involved it's safe to assume all 800 were asymptotic or they would have been tested already. Given that these people weren't deemed essential workers and should have been social distancing anyway then the number of positive tests probably gives a more accurate reflection of the real numbers than figure released by the government.

Except that these people are all in the closeted away group that shouldn't be exposed. In the general population with a higher percentage of essential workers it would probably be higher still

Telegraph reporting that the PL is on the hook to the TV rights holders for an additional 36 mill each week the season is delayed beyond July 16th. This is in addition to the 330 mill they owe even if the season is completed.
That’s bollocks from the Telegraph. Absolutely nobody could enforce that in the current situation.

I’m unsure why the Media keep touting that the broadcasters hold all the cards. It’s actually the PL who hold them, without the PL the likes of Sky go bust.

Why have the names/clubs of the affected players been leaked, I thought it was supposed to be anonymous?

Are clubs rallying themselves?

10 false readings for every 800 tests according to the company doing the premier league testing.

False positives are a problem, but false negatives could be a huge issue.

That’s bollocks from the Telegraph. Absolutely nobody could enforce that in the current situation.

I’m unsure why the Media keep touting that the broadcasters hold all the cards. It’s actually the PL who hold them, without the PL the likes of Sky go bust.

Totally agree , if Sky/BT dont like the situation tough , there are plenty of others who would step in Amazon & Netflix are just two of them , if Sky cannot come to an agreement over the next couple of years to sort out any short fall , then take it to court , it isnt the fault of the Premeir league that the season could not be completed , a force of nature or whatever you want call it is the cause. F*ck Sky off watch them go bust and do a deal with Amazon.

Except that these people are all in the closeted away group that shouldn't be exposed. In the general population with a higher percentage of essential workers it would probably be higher still

That was my point, these people with football fields for back gardens and spouse's that almost certainly don't have to work are coming in higher than the stated national average. If 0.8% of those have it then it's anyone's guess what percentage of Joe public have it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.