Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If it's safe for football to return it has to be safe for all football from grassroots, the womens and mens leagues. It has to be safe for me to go round my brothers for tea. I cant go to my brothers but it's ok to play only premier league football. You couldnt make it up
And 1 of the committee members I know at Durham FA has said they have been told no grass roots football until November. The problem, he was told, is that there is likely to be gatherings of over 40. And yet the pl presses on with its "project restart the virus" at all costs. Even tho the police and majority of own docs are against it. Money, money, money

And 1 of the committee members I know at Durham FA has said they have been told no grass roots football until November. The problem, he was told, is that there is likely to be gatherings of over 40. And yet the pl presses on with its "project restart the virus" at all costs. Even tho the police and majority of own docs are against it. Money, money, money

Funny thing is the premier league is being run like a grassroots league, all turn up in your kit, play/train, than go home in your kit.

I wonder how they intend to deal with coronavirus-related absences. Because earlier in the season, our match with Arsenal was (rightly) postponed because they had four players who had met someone with coronavirus. But it would be ridiculous if in the rearranged fixture, we had players absent because they're isolating, but they let the game go ahead anyway.

I wonder how they intend to deal with coronavirus-related absences. Because earlier in the season, our match with Arsenal was (rightly) postponed because they had four players who had met someone with coronavirus. But it would be ridiculous if in the rearranged fixture, we had players absent because they're isolating, but they let the game go ahead anyway.

Na, suits them perfectly cos Chelsea would be without Kante and thus hopeless, enabling to rags to sneak 4th.

Not sure mate I've not ready any of your posts that I can remember. Just find the way everyone is wetting their knickers embarrassing. If pubs were trying to open would people have the same reaction? If people are saying they want it null and void so the scousers dont win it that's just small minded mentality.

Not as small time as making the exact same point over and over on an internet forum.

Great news La Liga now announced its restarting. Looks like the Prem are being the most cautious which in understandable. Barely any new cases in London any more, rest of UK a couple of weeks behind will be totally safe by the time the boys kick a ball. Have to say this has been handled excellently by the footballing bodies. Everyone knows the risk is pretty much nil for the players but was right to hold it off until mid June.

This virus will die down in the summer but make no mistake come October/November it be back unless we are really lucky and isn’t fades away like SARS did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.