Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Goncalo Lopes on twitter said that some countries FA's have been trying to convince UEFA not to call off the Champions League. Given that pretty much every other major country has already called off their leagues or are behind closed doors, I'd wager it's probably England trying to keep it going. That doesn't bode particularly well for those thinking the FA will see sense and just postpone it without being forced by the government. Still a few shiny pennies to ring out of the fans for a week or two

Think I read about 400,000 attend football every weekend....close together on trains.. trams. .cars...standing I queue...going through turnstiles...standing on concourse ls....in the toilets....in the stadium...coughing, sneezing, touching and bumping each other.....how is that not a risk when it comes to spreading this virus? Please tell me mr scientific expert! Totally confused
Spot on mate. So on Saturday I'm going to our game and then on to a gig at the Academy, and so I could be at risk of catching it or if I have unknowingly already got it then I'll be a risk to everyone near to me at both events. If both events were cancelled then I'd stay home and I would not be at risk and not a risk to anyone else. Same question to Mr Scientific Expert, explain please ? Or is it that Govt are putting financial impacts including Sky, PL contracts and loads of others ahead of public health. After all we are just numbers aren't we.

Nah people would want to see the best players, otherwise a lot more would be watching Sunday League Football

I disagree, people want to see their team, the players are irrelevant.

If City were in Sunday League, we would still get big crowds.

Spot on mate. So on Saturday I'm going to our game and then on to a gig at the Academy, and so I could be at risk of catching it or if I have unknowingly already got it then I'll be a risk to everyone near to me at both events. If both events were cancelled then I'd stay home and I would not be at risk and not a risk to anyone else. Same question to Mr Scientific Expert, explain please ? Or is it that Govt are putting financial impacts including Sky, PL contracts and loads of others ahead of public health. After all we are just numbers aren't we.
They want people to get it, mate.

Their plan is to manage how many people get it now and how many get it in 8 weeks.

If they can spread it out, the NHS will be better placed to cope than if everyone gets it all at once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.