Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Just had the following sent to me

Ok so I’ve had this confirmed if the vote is in favour at tomorrow’s meeting the season is going to resume in June, here’s the best bit, along with VIRTUAL SEASON TICKETS, so if you’re a season ticket holder now, you get to watch your teams remaining games for free, but the virtual season ticket is going to be here to stay, you pay your fee to Sky and watch every game live in your armchair at home, which will now mean the Manchester derby and other derbies and big games now being opened up to play in China, Middle East and USA in the future. This pandemic has ruined people’s businesses left people destitute jobless and short of money, so when supporters are allowed back at stadiums and they have to decide if they can afford to attend a game with their family at the prices they are at now the answer will be no can’t afford it, but I can afford a virtual sky ticket for the season. The pandemic for sky couldn’t have come at a better time to get rid of the the biggest hurdle, the match going supporter. This is happening Premier league is back in June. A company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may. All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live. The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only. Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch with your virtual season ticket. NOT IN MY HOUSE.

Also heard about this and seen something similar, reading this it sounds like no fans will be going again, but you will still be able to attend matches and buy a season ticket as you do now, these virtual ones are so you can watch all your chosen teams games as they are being played which somehow covers sky, BT, Amazon, Fox, Netflix etc.

If that's the case it will kill football good & proper. After the Covid pandemic has ended there will be plenty of people wavering about going back to live matches. This will push many into staying at home to watch their teams. Thus, plenty of half empty stadia and a soulless product. Whatever happened to our beautiful game ?

Aguero doesn’t fancy it and I don’t blame him. The players should just say they ain’t playing as they don’t feel safe. That’s the end of that.
in time my freind,it will happen exactly as you say, what can a club do if their player dont fancy it due to safety, fine the club, dock points, its not the club its the players,this is the route it will take, any punishment from the FA would end up at tribunal

Last edited:
I agree with you to some extent, but.....would they do the same for us if we were in their position? Absolutely they would not so I say fuck em

Of course they wouldn't. We've got more class than that though. They were going to win it anyway so we may as well maintain the moral high ground. They're a shower of shit but if doesn't mean we have to stoop as low as them.

If that's the case it will kill football good & proper. After the Covid pandemic has ended there will be plenty of people wavering about going back to live matches. This will push many into staying at home to watch their teams. Thus, plenty of half empty stadia and a soulless product. Whatever happened to our beautiful game ?
correct and lets say we all come out of our houses in a months time 'which wont happen' who in the right mind would give the club over a grand for next season with every chance the virus is going to come back, if this virus ended tonight we and other clubs would be lucky to sell 20k season tickets, the old pay on the day returns which would be a good thing

If it is true that Sky can pick any game to be played anywhere then it's also open to huge manipulation
Liverpool vs City -play at Anfield
City vs Liverpool - play in Singapore

Liverpool get their home advantage we don't

Also, when we were very mediocre, I bought my ticket really looking forward to the sky four games, the biggest ones of the season
Now for different reasons the sky four,or how it has become, the big six matches are the ones we look forward to the most and we're guaranteed our seats for these
If sky can have a game transferred to anywhere in the world what is the point of a season ticket?
Do I really want one to watch teams come to park buses and timewaste every game!

Next season's League Cup could be scrapped should the size of the Premier League increase in the wake of the coronavirus crisis. Top-flight officials see the potential for more matches as a chance to get rid of what, to many, is an unnecessary distraction. [
@MailSport

There is a growing feeling ahead of Friday's Premier League meeting that completing this season is starting to look impossible and the most likely outcome will see no clubs relegated and three promoted from the Championship, decided by points per game earned so far. [
@MailSport

There would then be increased number of Premier League fixtures from 38 to 44, with six clubs relegated at the end of the 2021/22 season. This scenario is believed to close the door on any costly legal challenges. [
@MailSport

Premier League clubs have invested in coronavirus testing machines that can turn around results for one person in two and a half hours. The league is overseeing the initiative involving the machines, which come at a cost of £36,000 and are readily available. [
@guardian_spor

The government has suggested exploring the idea of keeping the location of specific Premier League matches out of the public domain for as long as possible to avoid supporters gathering outside the stadiums. [
@TimesSport

Good luck with that in the social media/twitter age

Just had the following sent to me

Ok so I’ve had this confirmed if the vote is in favour at tomorrow’s meeting the season is going to resume in June, here’s the best bit, along with VIRTUAL SEASON TICKETS, so if you’re a season ticket holder now, you get to watch your teams remaining games for free, but the virtual season ticket is going to be here to stay, you pay your fee to Sky and watch every game live in your armchair at home, which will now mean the Manchester derby and other derbies and big games now being opened up to play in China, Middle East and USA in the future. This pandemic has ruined people’s businesses left people destitute jobless and short of money, so when supporters are allowed back at stadiums and they have to decide if they can afford to attend a game with their family at the prices they are at now the answer will be no can’t afford it, but I can afford a virtual sky ticket for the season. The pandemic for sky couldn’t have come at a better time to get rid of the the biggest hurdle, the match going supporter. This is happening Premier league is back in June. A company has been tasked to arrange hotels and travel for 8 weeks starting mid may. All premier league teams will play their remaining games at st georges park behind closed doors and for TV only. The complex will host 2/3 games a day that will be streamed live. The players will go into isolation mid may at select hotels in the vicinity of st georges and will train at local clubs grounds. They will not be able to see family and friends during the period of games. Each player will be tested regulary to ensure safety and hotels will be locked down for players only. Looks like we are going to have a world cup style June with loads of games to watch with your virtual season ticket. NOT IN MY HOUSE.

Biggest load of shit I’ve ever read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.