Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Simon stone now reporting that a growing number of clubs are open to playing the remaining fixtures behind closed doors if the threat of relegation is removed and play next season with 22 clubs !! What’s the point of playing the remaining games then other that giving the dippers the league ! That really does keep the integrity of the league.
Absolutely laughable. Of course they're open to playing the games if there's no chance they'll get relegated ffs. But there's literally no point of that. Almost everything else is pretty much decided anyway. Relegation is the only area and maybe the fourth and fifth place where there's actually a real question of where everyone will end up.

My kid brother was watching the sunday supplement and said one of the reporter's said that a team owner didnt know if the had insurance for any of their players or player passing it onto a family member and than the player or family member dies. I would guess getting insurance against a pandemic in a middle of a pandemic will cost a fortune !

What if one of the shots finishes half way up the stand?

It will be like the local pub team when the keeper or a defender runs 100yds to get the ball back ! I guess there could leave the warm up nets in place if its within the rules as it might be against the tv companys as it would spoil the view from behind the goal

There you have it... whole Agenda is about giving the Dippers the title and United our CL place. What a corrupt farce.
Its been like this from the start of this. If we were leading the league by a mile the season would have already been cancelled. Majority of PL clubs have billionaire owners, clubs are not desperate to finish this season for cash.

I wonder what would happen if the league restarted, behind closed doors, neutral venues... and Liverpool bottled it. We win all our remaining games and win the league.

How long before it's voided after all?

The length of time it takes to pack a Boeing 777 with feral red scousers, fly them to Wuhan, lick every surface in every wet market they can find and fly them back infected. Murdoch will meet the costs of hiring and crewing the aircraft and his media outlets will take over when it lands in Stanley Park.

Allegedly.

Where do you get your figures from?
I read it was only the top 6 who are arsed about finishing it.

The fact that no club, ours included, has stated that they wouldn't be prepared to complete the season under any of the many scenarios being put forward. They all, apart from the potential relegation candidates, want the huge final tranche of TV money.

Absolutely laughable. Of course they're open to playing the games if there's no chance they'll get relegated ffs. But there's literally no point of that. Almost everything else is pretty much decided anyway. Relegation is the only area and maybe the fourth and fifth place where there's actually a real question of where everyone will end up.

I don’t understand how anyone could think the integrity of this season is maintained if we restart behind closed doors after a 2/3 month break in the season ! It isn’t the same competition for the last 20%+ of the season !

To pretend its the same competition is bizarre! Playing behind closed doors has always been a sanction used against offending clubs/ their supporters because they know performance is affected.

How can you have 80% of the season with one set of rules and the rest of the season with another set ?

Time for the Government to step up and end the uncertainty. Null and void, move on to preparing to go again!

CTID

It’s clear that Brighton, Palace and West Ham aren’t on board for various reasons (risk and loss of integrity if they lose home advantage) based on quotes on SSN.

Dominos starting to fall.

I think the biggest issue will be players/ wives/partners/families condoning these matches....really quite unbelievable that it’s even being thought about never mind actually planned.

I don’t understand how anyone could think the integrity of this season is maintained if we restart behind closed doors after a 2/3 month break in the season ! It isn’t the same competition for the last 20%+ of the season !

To pretend its the same competition is bizarre! Playing behind closed doors has always been a sanction used against offending clubs/ their supporters because they know performance is affected.

How can you have 80% of the season with one set of rules and the rest of the season with another set ?

Time for the Government to step up and end the uncertainty. Null and void, move on to preparing to go again!

CTID
If it restarts everyone should start on zero points and play the last 20% as is. We win the title,rags finish tenth,scousers finish second,one point behind us.Job's a good 'un.

It’s clear that Brighton, Palace and West Ham aren’t on board for various reasons (risk and loss of integrity if they lose home advantage).

Dominos staring to fall.

Also, as things stand those clubs are in danger of going down if we restart.

The main aim before a ball is kicked of at least 10 clubs is to stay in the division. As we sit here now, they are all still in it - which team is going to sign up for a restart which would put them in danger of relegation and the financial implications that has in the middle of an economic crisis?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.