Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Maybe it's all in the wording and interpretation, but it's what I've seen. Sorry if it's fake news.

I fully agree though, I won't be going back until I feel safe.

No worries. Likewise - I’m not risking it and sitting in a ground with 50,000 people. It doesn’t make any sense.

No they shouldn't have to but they can say what they have said to everyone else and it must go to the nhs,sadly tories love the free market and think it will raise the nation's spirits to have football back

My worry is the players will bear the brunt of the public's anger when they see them in masks, I feel like nobody is considering their safety in any way
In fairness, the players have a union, if they feel so scared of playing they should all get together and refuse to play.
All out !!!

People want their fucking noggin testing if you sit in a stadium surrounded by 50,000 strangers anytime soon.

We are not over the first wave yet and there will be several future spikes of infection I've no doubt before this is anywhere near over.

Scientists are advising that concerts should be cancelled for the rest of the year, it's a bit strange that concerts will be put to one side because of the risk but we could in theory walk into a full stadium with the blessing of the government and football authorities.

This has to be just about the money it can be about nothing else.

Mexico1970. The government will maybe consider it not such a high risk due to it being out doors, and everyone to wear masks. Thus they hope that the virus will not spread. That should be fun when everyone tries to shout for there team.

If this gov lift a ban on any sport or potential crowds gathering then they are idiots who never deserve a seat in parliament again.

small business need help first with measures in place for them not billionaires. Nhs need test first end of. I won’t mention the hundreds still dying every day.

the public have become desensitised already. We have no cure, no vax (not that I’m sure that’s a good way to go either) I honestly don’t even see a real plan. This virus will have many more waves & it will mutate. This virus is as serious as it gets & is here for many years sadly in my opinion.

stay safe blues. I miss city but the way this is being managed leaves a sour taste for football for me. They had a great opportunity to take football back to the real fans & the community but decided to go the other way.

People want their fucking noggin testing if you sit in a stadium surrounded by 50,000 strangers anytime soon.

We are not over the first wave yet and there will be several future spikes of infection I've no doubt before this is anywhere near over.
Agreed. I wasn't giving my approval, just posting it to stimulate some Mrs Merton style debate. I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry going back to a packed (or not, seeing as it's the "Emptihad"™) stadium.

Fcuking media in joyous mood because Germany are going to start there league in 2 weeks! Funny they don’t mention that they have nil deaths we had 600+ yesterday! The narrative by the football media is disgusting been none stop since lock down! If the government let football start before the death toll drops to at least single figures it’s done for one reason money and the pressure of the premier.

tolmies hairdo if what you are saying is true then the whole of the Premier League board should resign on mass. In that I include the new head of the Premier League Gary Hoffman he should now put his new job on the line and say "This is not going to happen and if you cannot get your own testing equipment from some other source. The whole of the Premier league season will be declared null and void. There are no ifs and no buts. We will not compete with the NHS and put patients lives at risk, just because you want to finish this Premier League season.

bluemoon32 that's what I have been saying along where is the head of the PFA in all of this, to finish the Premier League season. I and all football fans want to know is has he (Gordon Taylor) actually asked or balloted his members if they want to start finish this season 2019/20 or to declare it null and void. If he has not then why not. This appears to me that he does not care about then players or their health at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.