costel

Been impressed with Costel every time I've seen him. Costel deserves his shot in the PL, and we may just have a diamond in the rough that has been our backup keeper.

Costel gives the full backs confidence. He deserves a good run in the side. If Joe gets his form back then who knows he may get another chance.

LoveCity said:
One thing Panti does better than Joe is clear and is a strength of most top modern keepers. As soon as the ball is in his hands, he is on the move and distributing. Hart pretends to, running to the edge of his box with the ball, looking left and right frantically... but waiting and waiting to distribute (occasionally he'll try the long kick) while opposition players get back. We could counter attack a lot more if the ball was out of the box within a couple of seconds.
Disagree a lot with this. Hart's kicking is a lot lot more accurate than Costel. Hart hasn't quite got the distance his kicks that some keepers, but he's much more accurate.

City don't generally look to kick it out for obvious reasons.

The one weakness in Costel's game at Newcastle was his distribution. He opted to kick it out quite a lot, and nearly every time it was lost and in part due to wayward kicking.

Joe is head and shoulders above Costel in this regard, and I can't think of a Premiership keeper who is better in this respect

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:
One thing Panti does better than Joe is clear and is a strength of most top modern keepers. As soon as the ball is in his hands, he is on the move and distributing. Hart pretends to, running to the edge of his box with the ball, looking left and right frantically... but waiting and waiting to distribute (occasionally he'll try the long kick) while opposition players get back. We could counter attack a lot more if the ball was out of the box within a couple of seconds.
Disagree a lot with this. Hart's kicking is a lot lot more accurate than Costel. Hart hasn't quite got the distance his kicks that some keepers, but he's much more accurate.

The one weakness in Costel's game at Newcastle was his distribution. He opted to kick it out quite a lot, and nearly every time it was lost and in part due to wayward kicking.

Joe is head and shoulders above Costel in this regard, and I can't think of a Premiership keeper who is better in this respect

With Lescott, Boyata or Richards in fromt of him on the night, it hardly made sence to give the ball to etiher one of those. They wouldn't know what to do with it. Lescoot would hoof it, Boyata would play it back to Pantilimon or sideways to Lescott to hoof it, or Richards would go on a headless run getting himself injured.

Anyway, this distribution thing is just looking for straws. Better stick to the allround performance and confidence of the back 4..

Whoever plays from now on will be decided when talking to both goalkeepers, the staff and in particular the one who trains the goallies, and probably one or two defenders. Changing goalkeepers is not a thing you do overnight. I just hope whoever plays, it will not harm the other too much. We need to get rid of this problem asap. And bet City and Hart will be inviting the papers for some shite stories if Hart is dropped. We need the get rid of the media-attention putting our goalkeepers under the microscope. Soon.

Marvin said:
LoveCity said:

Hart's distribution is horrendous he generally kicks it out of play, this was picked up by England recently. His long range throw is almost non-existent, when he gets the ball he hesitates and then the opportunity is lost. I doubt he has confidence in his own ability to distribute the ball, his kicking off the ground, when he does it first time, is better any hesitation and he is trouble. I doubt if he is good outfield player and certainly doesn’t have a football brain Costel is head and shoulders above Hart in this respect, his passing accuracy was 75% compared to Tim Krul’s 47% v Newcastle

kramer said:
Marvin said:
LoveCity said:

Hart's distribution is horrendous he generally kicks it out of play, this was picked up by England recently. His long range throw is almost non-existent, when he gets the ball he hesitates and then the opportunity is lost. I doubt he has confidence in his own ability to distribute the ball, his kicking off the ground, when he does it first time, is better any hesitation and he is trouble. I doubt if he is good outfield player and certainly doesn’t have a football brain Costel is head and shoulders above Hart in this respect, his passing accuracy was 75% compared to Tim Krul’s 47% v Newcastle

Essentially this^.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.