Could we have gone unbeaten in the league?

yorkblue

Could we have have unbeaten in the league this season if rodders hadn't been suspended. We only lost 3 all with him missing. I think we wouldn't have been beaten at wolves, villa we were totally outplayed and only lost too arsenal by deflected shot. We could have become 4 times unbeatables.

Could we have have unbeaten in the league this season if rodders hadn't been suspended. We only lost 3 all with him missing. I think we wouldn't have been beaten at wolves, villa we were totally outplayed and only lost too arsenal by deflected shot. We could have become 4 times unbeatables.
No, we like to win other trophies as well : )

Yes, but it might not win us the league as you have to draw 12 matches to be true invincibles ;-)
Drawing more games actually does make it more likely that you'll go unbeaten, because the lack of points means that the games are important for longer. If we won almost every game, chances are the league would be sewn up by March and then it's very difficult to keep the motivation going when you're also fighting for the CL and FA Cup.

If we'd have scored 3 in Porto, we could have two Champions Leagues now as well.

I guess you could flip this logic and say that if Rodri ever got injured, we'd be lucky to win any of our matches. I'm sure Pep would figure out a Plan B eventually, but our track record was not good without him.

I think all our league defeats involved deflected goals didn’t they? Wolves, Villa, Arsenal?

Every team could be unbeaten if they did not lose! Most teams can point to things in games \ goals that are unlucky or could have gone another way. Look at Wolves they were robbed at the start of the season, they should have been undefeated through the first 6-8 games but were robbed. So yes we could of gone unbeaten but why worry about it?

Not the loses that pissed me off but the draws at home. Scousers, Palace, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal should have all been despatched.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.