could YOU do better than mark hughes

marco

he's done a good job up to now but thats just my opinion,some might say he could never fail with the amount of cash at his disposal,but could the average jo blogs in the street do just as good with an open cheque book 'create a top six team' so put yourself in that position with a decent well known right hand man to attract players but however you make all the desisions could you do it? i think its more than possible that some of our regular bluemooners could without doubt

slightly stupid question mate... every1 can play football manager and win.. but to coach and have the man to man skills needed its a different thing, if you watched the brum game on sky and saw the bellemy interview before hand u could just see how much respect he has for hughes.. so id say itd depend..

but damn id like to give it a go.

I've been watching football for decades, and I have no doubt whatsoever I could not possibly run a football team.

All these people that go on about tactics and formations.......I really have no idea.

I know what a 433 should look like as compared to a 442 at kick off, when the players are all lined up and standing still, but when they all start running around I don't have a clue.

I love watching my football. I can watch the Champions League final with as much enthusiasm as Gas Works Alley Rovers v The Cobblers when I'm walking my dog on a wet Sunday morning. I love watching football, but all the techno babble I'll leave to the geeks.

So no, I could'nt do a better job than MH. I would'nt even try!

No.

I've coached various youth/pub teams, and know enough to know that I don't know enough.

I love a good discussion based on tactics and the like of, but man management wise I'd be crap. Maybe if I had a really good Assistant, and we could do the Mercer/Allison thing where I stood back from the players and concentrated on the game plan then I'd be alright.

A traditional part of my weekend is sitting and watching Super Sunday : The Last Word and drunkenly shouting at Andy Gray about why he is wrong and I am right. The other week when he was talking about Gerrard's role in Liverpool's midfield nearly made me throw my half full can through the TV.

He is also shit at analysing corners. It's bloody obvious: one man on each post, the big powerful striker just in front of the front post, man mark the rest making sure that they are triangulating themselves between the ball, the goal and the attacker. How bloody hard is that?

He was bleatering this past week about Arsenal losing their shape late on in games and decided that it was because they didn't use Song and Diaby as DMs after they went 1-0 up. Nothing to do with the fact that the players were knackered and lost concerntration, it's the DMs thing.

I'd better leave it there, but to answer the original question, no.

We need a geeky tactical debate thread, but I don't ever start one because I imagine it will turn into a "XXXX is shit" thread.

marco said:
he's done a good job up to now but thats just my opinion,some might say he could never fail with the amount of cash at his disposal,but could the average jo blogs in the street do just as good with an open cheque book 'create a top six team' so put yourself in that position with a decent well known right hand man to attract players but however you make all the desisions could you do it? i think its more than possible that some of our regular bluemooners could without doubt

This has to be a joke? Ok, I understand there are some real football fanatics on here, you have watched football your whole life, you played, you log insane hours on champ manager and hell you might have even coached on different levels. This does not qualify you in anyway to manage a professional football team.
Some people might have played the stock market their whole lives, read every single publication to do with respective markets, this doesn't qualify them to run Morgan Stanley. They would drive it into the ground, and that's exactly what would happen if someone from Bluemoon ran Manchester City.
Then again, there are some deluded people on this website who think they could do a better job, I wait for your abuse...

overall its a no, i would however pick my best players and let the opposition worry about us instead of the other way round.
stevie ireland would be in my fucking team, i make that hughes 0 de niro 1 :)

oh and i'd get big phil back..........just to make rsc look fast.

HongKongBluey said:
marco said:

This has to be a joke? Ok, I understand there are some real football fanatics on here, you have watched football your whole life, you played, you log insane hours on champ manager and hell you might have even coached on different levels. This does not qualify you in anyway to manage a professional football team.
Some people might have played the stock market their whole lives, read every single publication to do with respective markets, this doesn't qualify them to run Morgan Stanley. They would drive it into the ground, and that's exactly what would happen if someone from Bluemoon ran Manchester City.
Then again, there are some deluded people on this website who think they could do a better job, I wait for your abuse...

Someone appointed Adam Crozier Chief Executive of the Post Office.

In that case I'm more than competent enough to manage a professional football team

Pollerz said:
slightly stupid question mate... every1 can play football manager and win.. but to coach and have the man to man skills needed its a different thing, if you watched the brum game on sky and saw the bellemy interview before hand u could just see how much respect he has for hughes.. so id say itd depend..

but damn id like to give it a go.

Im pretty much with Pollerz here. Having the skills to coach comes with knowledge of the game, so maybe management is a no go, but scouting, thats something i'd like to try my hand at.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.