could YOU do better than mark hughes

I could pick a starting 11, but from there im clueless, like most on here! When people slag off Hughes they don't realise how much he does. Calling him tactically naive is just plain stupid, hes done coaching badges and when someone posts pictures of the match board theres lots of little things he and his team plans.

BingoBango said:
Anybody who says 'Yes' is a buffoon and a liar.

Agree. Would sooner see slow progress and progress that is built to last than some flash in the season.

I would forego a nice trip to Wemblers this season for the chance of the next five seasons providing us with a team that can compete in the same manner as the lads of 68.

I think that Mark Hughes is providing the basis for that.

My patience is not exhausted.

Absolutely not. Ok, I've been watching football practically every week in some form for about 25 years and through this and also playing at a reasonable standard I think I've got a decent grasp on tactics and I certainly think I can spot a player.

However, I, and 99% of you on here, will fail the first basic test of Premiership management. I would walk into the changing room after just being appointed start talking and no-one would take a blind bit of notice. Why? Because they'll all be thinking, "Who's this c*nt? Who's he to tell me what to do?" Mark Hughes has been there and done it so straight away will have the respect of the players. If not, that's their problem and will be shown the door.

On top of that, some people really don't understand how much Hughes will put into his game plan. It's not working at the moment but it has done on numerous occasions over the past two seasons. To think anyone on here could do better is delusion of the grandest order.

BingoBango said:
Anybody who says 'Yes' is a buffoon and a liar.

Such people are never in short supply on here.
I doubt half of the clowns who usually line up to take potshots at Hughes for his team selection/tactics/substitutions/formations/dress sense etc could run a bath,let alone a Premiership club.
They would probably know better than the surgeon if they were on an operating table.
It must be truly fabulous to be confident enough in yourself to perform a job you have never done in your life so well.

m27 said:
Absolutely not. Ok, I've been watching football practically every week in some form for about 25 years and through this and also playing at a reasonable standard I think I've got a decent grasp on tactics and I certainly think I can spot a player.

However, I, and 99% of you on here, will fail the first basic test of Premiership management. I would walk into the changing room after just being appointed start talking and no-one would take a blind bit of notice. Why? Because they'll all be thinking, "Who's this c*nt? Who's he to tell me what to do?" Mark Hughes has been there and done it so straight away will have the respect of the players. If not, that's their problem and will be shown the door.

On top of that, some people really don't understand how much Hughes will put into his game plan. It's not working at the moment but it has done on numerous occasions over the past two seasons. To think anyone on here could do better is delusion of the grandest order.

A bit like Arsen Wenger then.

It's quite funny how people use words like 'naive' when refering to blokes like Hughes assuming he hasn't spotted the details they've noticed & would be enlightened by the pearls of wisdom that they're about to come up with.

He & his coaching team have their own ideas which may or may not work but I'll pretty much guarantee they'd talk tactics with any one on here & wipe the floor with them, unless one of you is Capello. It's a whole different level. The danger with these blokes is that they know too much & get bogged down with it like Pearce. Players win games, managers should help.

I think Chelsea would finish top 4 without a manager , the players would run it, so any of us would have a chance there if we just brewed the tea & kept quiet!

NQT said:
m27 said:

A bit like Arsen Wenger then.

Good point mate, and Mouriniho falls into the same bracket when he was making his way up. Two exceptions to the rule.

Yes. Yes I could do a better job; let's look at the facts:

Mark Hughes
Managed - 69
Won - 33
Drawn - 11
Lost - 25
Win % - 47.83
Points after 10 games - 19

Me (On FM09 of course...)
Managed - 150
Won - 87
Drawn - 44
Lost - 19
Win % - 58.00
Points after 10 games - 23

All he has to do is buy Arshavin and Lassana Diara, flog Robinho to Barca and invest the income into our scouting system. Then send a scout to watch the Spanish Primera League and snatch all the good youngsters.

I won the Carling Cup in my first season after knocking out the Scum 0-4 at Trafford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.