Countdown.

Des O'Connor was my favourite after Richard Whiteley, he had the best rapport with the contestants. Can't stand Anne Robinson.

What I want to know is how a person who has not be heard of for years suddenly gets a prime show.
Villa Black was the same, now Robinson. Do their agents bung someone ?

The late Des O'Connor did a stint as host. It wasn't a good choice, as he looked bemused by the whole thing. I don't think he really related to words, but at least he never sang Dick-a-Dum-Dum" on the show.
He was soon replaced.
I don't think he was actively replaced but left of his own accord because he was still doing other stuff. It was also around the time Carol Vorderman left in controversial circumstances so am guessing the atmosphere was a bit trying to say the least. I agree he looked bemused but I think that was his persona, perhaps he added a bit too much humour to the game and not enough intellectual gravitas. Nick Hewer grew into the role I thought and his dry wit suited the show.

Anybody remember the worst ever Countdown contestant, as watched by the Gogglebox crew.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.