CounterStrikeSource

standytogilvy

Does anyone on here play counterstrike source for the pc as i dont know if my computer can be able to play it despite it being within the requirement specification

i have played and run counter strike gaming clans for the last 10 years.....getting up into the prem league with some clans....i still run counter strike servers and community sites but only as an hobby now

a lot of the gaming clans wont play cs source becuase in a lot of us old skool players it seems the game has been made easier (easy to get head shots, etc) to try and attract a new generation of gamers...this backfired recently when a lot of the worlds top clans refused to play the game and went back to the old version of CS, which is the one i still play.

tbh mate, if you want to run counter strike: source you will need at the min

p4 at least 2.8gig cpu
1 gig of ram, but better with 2gig ram
and at least a 256mb ddr card, something like a nvidia 6800gt min spec or an ati radeon 1600x spec

i played 1.6 shady but just wanting to know if i can run source before i buy it as ive got a computer that was average for 1.6 and the graphics card is years old

you will probably struggle mate...you will have to highly mod your config file as there are a lot more effects in source..like the rag dolls on dead bodies and tin cans and rubbish on dust2, etc
there is even 6 config cvars for the players teeth

when i had my old system, i had to remove over 30 config cvars just to get the game running smooth....and on my old system i used to get well over 200fps on cs 1.6 in developer mode

my 1.6 cs server mate >>> 82.136.56.15:27016 no-servers.net | #PissTakers.cs (English speaking Only)

irc = #pisstakers.cs on quakenet

standytogilvy if your after a new card ive got 5200fx nvidia and a 6600gt for sale cheap, pm me if your interested

I used to play this fairly freakuently, but i got bored, most of the players you play against are American pre-pubescent knob-ends who have nothing else to do in their sad lives other than shoot you in the head from 300 metres away with a desert eagle pistol.

pee dubya said:
I used to play this fairly freakuently, but i got bored, most of the players you play against are American pre-pubescent knob-ends who have nothing else to do in their sad lives other than shoot you in the head from 300 metres away with a desert eagle pistol.

PWNT LOL. \o/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.