Couriers

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
Why are they so fucking useless.
Can't give you a time, can't ring them. Tracking is a fucking joke.
I know some are better than others.

If I order groceries online they tell me a 2 hour window. Couriers struggle to pin it down to even what day delivery will be.
And I swear some of them just leave cards in the letterbox as it's easier than knocking.
I got text saying my new guitar was arriving that day, I waited in all fucking day and the twat never came.
Boiling piss.

Last edited:

If I order groceries online they tell me a 2 hour window. Couriers struggle to pin it down to what day delivery will be.
And I swear some of them just leave cards in the letterbox as it's easier than knocking.
I got text saying my new guitar was arriving that day, I waited in all fucking day and the twat never came.
Boiling piss.
No need to fret over it Bill.

If I order groceries online they tell me a 2 hour window. Couriers struggle to pin it down to what day delivery will be.
Boiling piss.
My mate who lives in Torquay. Melbourne is a member at the Sands Golf Club. A few weeks ago he sent me three caps and ball markers, all with the Sands logo. He told me when they’d been despatched, they never arrived, however they were delivered to a hub in England then returned to Oz. Finally last week they arrived at my house, just about 2 months late, they’d travelled 36k miles, absolute shambles.

Blame their employer not the couriers themselves. They're faced with ridiculous daily targets.

Frustrating you can't be given a specific time I know but thats down to logistical ops. Some companies even take the oiss where you have to pay extra for a specified 2 hour window.

Blame their employer not the couriers themselves. They're faced with ridiculous daily targets.

Frustrating you can't be given a specific time I know but thats down to logistical ops. Some companies even take the oiss where you have to pay extra for a specified 2 hour window.
You’re right there, until the end of July I owned a small Light Haulage/Courier business, just 2 vans with me and my mate driving, we did Business to Business work, normally small aircraft parts, 2/3 deliveries per day.

However, I’d quite often meet other Couriers from the likes of DPD who were delivering parts to companies, their work load was ridiculous, it used to be around 100-150 drops per day which was tough, it’s now an average of 150, knocking on for 20 drops a day over an 8 hour shift or one delivery every 3 minutes, not easily achievable so overtime has become the norm, very tough, those lads do a great job and quite often with a smile.

Couriers are a damn sight better than postmen btw. We have two 'city legend' prints received yesterday which have been folded down the middle to get them through the letter box despite DO NOT FUCKING BEND MORON being quite clearly printed on the front of the envelope.

If I order groceries online they tell me a 2 hour window. Couriers struggle to pin it down to even what day delivery will be.
Boiling piss.

It's a tough job. You don't make a penny whilst you're scanning up and loading your van. So when you finally get on the road you have to rush like fuck and try deliver 25 an hour to make an ok wage.

We went on holiday last week and the mrs had to order some medication online as she couldn’t get it locally. Paid £9 for special delivery for Friday before 1pm, we left at 3pm the same day.

At 12:30 she checked the tracking and it said delivery attempted, no one home. I checked the CCTV and no delivery was attempted. Called the local Royal Mail delivery office who were obnoxious and unhelpful. So I hunted down the postie myself and found him a few streets away.

Mentioned what had happened and could I have my item. “No mate, you should have answered the bell”

I said I was in and no one range the bell, furthermore no one had even been on my drive.

“Yes I did mate, the one with a Ring door bell”

I said I don’t have a Ring door bell.

“There’s definitely a Ring door bell at your house”

I said I’ve lived there for a long time, I do not have a Ring door bell. Anyway, it’s medication for the mrs and I need to grab it now before we go away.

Then he did a long pause and said maybe he tried to deliver it to the right house number but the wrong road…

I said I don’t know, I just need the item. Here is my ID, please can I have it. So he fiddles round in his van, and says “you said it’s medication right?”

I said yes. He comes back with “nah mate, not medication”

At this point I was getting fucking pissed off and asked HOW ON EARTH he could tell if it was medication or not through a brown box?

No answer. Got my item and went home.

Royal Mail are a shocking company nowadays, even on special deliveries.

Some of the bigger legacy couriers like DHL and UPS are ok (depending on the local franchise in some cases). Evri and Hermes are poor, but DPD are reliable.

Rant over, feel better now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.