COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it looks like the cat is already out of the bag and it is probably already spreading over here. What is not known yet though is the death rate. I don't think you can just divide the number of deaths by the number of cases. The big unknown is how many people have had it and had milder symptoms or were not tested so the death rate might not be as bad as numbers currently suggest.
That is a welcome optimistic take. :-)

Working at a wedding on Saturday where guests have flew in from China. So hope the airport's have been screening people properly.

Interesting spin off to this - my lad was saying today that one of the Chinese girls in his class came under a few snidely barbs from the other kids ( normally code for he was involved) about eating bats and being contagious etc and another kid saying his parents had stopped going to Chinese restaurants in case the employees had recently been to China.

Working at a wedding on Saturday where guests have flew in from China. So hope the airport's have been screening people properly.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no real effective screening right now due to the incubation period for this novel coronavirus.

I would be buy a bio hazard suit and invest in converting your foyer into a decon room.

Well yeah but this is Asia, so they're more interested in seeming like they're doing something than actually doing anything. A continent where people will run out to buy a face mask and then wear it as they drive their motorbike home without a helmet.

whilst carrying a wardrobe and talking on their mobiles of course !!

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no real effective screening right now due to the incubation period for this novel coronavirus.

I would be buy a bio hazard suit and invest in converting your foyer into a decon room.

I'll be staying well out of the way on Saturday, only issue is I'm around the people who'll be working at it all the time. So lose-lose situation.

Last edited:
I'll be staying we'll out of the way on Saturday, only issue is I'm around the people who'll be working at it all the time. So lose-lose situation.
I hope everything goes well — we can’t have blues dropping right now, especially not mods! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.