COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see how they attempt to manage this roll out.

According to a piece in the Guardian they will be testing health workers first but also rolling it out to the general public for home testing next week. Amazon will both deliver to pharmacies and directly to customers. Cost is 'minimal' and millions more test kits are on order.

To be fair mate that article talks about December not late January. A month makes a world of difference, as I am sure you don't need reminding. (1 month ago we had 13 cases, no deaths and I am not even sure were being told to wash our hands yet.)

You made the allegation that they had thousands of cases in January and lied to the WHO about it. I understand your frustrations, we all share them, but the Chinese have been open and cooperative since pretty much the start of the year I think. Back in December I suspect they didn't know what they were dealing with themselves.

Anyway, not sure how any of this helps. We are where we are.

It doesn’t though, it clearly states that they only announced human to human transmission on January the 20th. By that time it was likely in several other countries and thousands of Chinese citizens will have had it.

It helps because we need to make sure the next time it happens we take the strongest measures immediately.

I think it is almost impossible to get your head around a killer virus you can't see that is killing people here and elsewhere,it doesn't seem real unless you get ill,add to that humans are selfish and think we can do what we want,especially democratic countries who have a free life,people don't like being told what to do either,all of the above and some people are just too stupid to get it,this is a massive shift in mindset
I think it also hits home when a loved one passes. Was listening this morning to the guy whose mum passed away after contracting it in hospital during a stay for a relatively routine op. Heartbreaking.

I think it is almost impossible to get your head around a killer virus you can't see that is killing people here and elsewhere,it doesn't seem real unless you get ill,add to that humans are selfish and think we can do what we want,especially democratic countries who have a free life,people don't like being told what to do either,all of the above and some people are just too stupid to get it,this is a massive shift in mindset
Especially the daft twats with barbecue grills.

New York governor

15% of cases need hospital treatment,much higher than models projected

140,000 cases -53,000 beds available

40,000 icu cases -3,000 icu beds available

They are bringing in retired staff

Trying to flatten the curve with the same measures as everyone else

Adding hospital capacity

Closing streets to cars

No sports

Playgrounds left open

Voluntary measures for now

Density control plan working

Numbers might not be accurate but arrows going in the right direction

I like him,very clear,truthful about numbers,he seems in control

According to a piece in the Guardian they will be testing health workers first but also rolling it out to the general public for home testing next week. Amazon will both deliver to pharmacies and directly to customers. Cost is 'minimal' and millions more test kits are on order.

Christ, imagine how many people will be hitting the Amazon site when it’s released...

Number of doctors that have sadly died to 29 - Assuming they all have PPE how are these most recent deaths happening in the last few weeks?

Four more Italian doctors die
Lorenzo_Tondo.jpg

Lorenzo Tondo

Another four Italian doctors have died with the coronavirus, bringing the toll in the epidemic up to 29, the national federation of doctors told ANSA, reports Lorenzo Tondo in Italy.

Over 5,000 Italian health workers have been infected with Covid-19 so far.

The Assomed union has called for immediate action ‘’to provide all workers with individual protection equipment’’.

Meanwhile, Civil protection department head and coronavirus commissioner Angelo Borrelli has cancelled his daily six o’clock press conference after suffering symptoms of fever. The result of a test is being awaited.

Authorities will still release new figures at 6 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.