COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got into work and was told everybody who could work from home would be doing so for the next two weeks.
But we haven't got enough laptops so had to take desktop and two monitors home and I'll be using my own mobile as the company didn't have any spares.
However, no issue with nipping off early for the trip to Sheffield, and no wasting 100 minutes a day commuting.

Got into work and was told everybody who could work from home would be doing so for the next two weeks.
But we haven't got enough laptops so had to take desktop and two monitors home and I'll be using my own mobile as the company didn't have any spares.
However, no issue with nipping off early for the trip to Sheffield, and no wasting 100 minutes a day commuting.
I’ve been fortunate to be able to primarily work from home for a few years now and it has many advantages, especially now.

Unfortunately for many, that will just not be an option, as tolerating a two week (or more) layoff financially is not possible. This is one of the main challenges to slowing transmission and there simply is not an easy solution.

Was talking specifically about rentokill, airlines down rentokill up was so obvious I wish I had 10 grand lying around, could have spent some time at home in isolation
There will be plenty that made money off it, there always are. Some directly off the services my company offers, unfortunately. That is the aspect of my work that I most struggle with, if I am honest.

There will be plenty that made money off it, there always are. Some directly off the services my company offers, unfortunately. That is the aspect of my work that I most struggle with, if I am honest.

Go with the drug dealer excuse if your company weren’t doing it someone else would.

If this escalates then austerity will really bite them on the arse - far too few staff, far too few beds, too few lines/ people on the 111 line and a total lack of depth in resources thanks to cuts. Part of the plan its suggested is to get retired doctors and nurses to muck in....yeah right - retired - right in the demographic of those most at risk from this virus and who has the knowledge to know the danger won't be running into disease ridden hospitals any time soon.
There has been a complete lack of urgency from Govt - allegedly waiting for Johnson to finish a fucking book - from the delays in getting Brits away from Costa Adeje to drawing up an action plan. I suspect Hancock had some stuff prepared as he has been the sock puppet sent out to face ridicule in news rooms and it would be based on presumably some expert advice. No doubt he was told to shut up and sit down whilst Cummings can run the show ( presumably a rehash of a Hancock plan that Johnson can claim is his idea.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.