COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, like by controlling movement in and out of London you mean? Nah, that would be far too sensible. In fact they have ruled it out.

Just a thought - I realise people commute from far and wide but as has been said before there was the UK economy and the London economy ......maybe we could utilise that - that was my thought

2 weeks ago 12 March Italy had over 1000 deaths. We have what 400 -500 in a much larger population?

you are using a paradoxical argument . You have said the uk measures aren’t helping but the reason why Italy is doing so badly is because of the different social norms, church, hugging, social etc . I totally agree with that. That is why you constantly using Italy as your reference point for us and what will happen, makes little sense. You pick it because it’s dealing with it poorly to be alarmist .

Why don’t you pick Germany for example?
Early days yet and we may be about to see a spike here in Ireland, but I would think we would be a good barometer because of similar circumstances and timelines.
But one stat we got tonight from a health department statistician is that the death per million population is a leveller between jurisdictions that may test differently and employ slightly different strategies.
Yours is quite high in Europe;
Compared with ours;
Austria;

Italy’s is out on it’s own;
around 124 I think.

As I say we may yet spike above our ICU capacity as we are starting from one of the weakest positions in that regard, and that would be a situation that could see us overwhelmed like Italy, but there is optimism here that the measures we have taken early could see the initial prediction of 15,000 cases by the end of the month down to 4,500-5,000 cases.

One thing we have done differently is we have tested a lot more people per capita as the WHO stressed repeatedly and we got the average contacts per active case down to about 5 which makes it more manageable.

Like I said. Early days and it remains to be seen whether we can maintain those stats as the curve rises.

Just talked with a mate of mine who has it, his wife and daughter had it, as well as about thirty people who went to his 50th birthday party, luckily I couldn't make it. Three of the thirty are hospitalised in Wa but our local hospital refuses to test him. Our County probably has a hundred cases if not many more but because they're not being tested the figures are being made to look as if it's not here. The little community hospital had an emergency meeting the other night and refused to let a reporter in. Our esteemed Orange leader has no clue what's really going on and as a result, his lemming like followers are ignoring the risk too......fun times ahead

Put a .30_06 in his orange head before he sends everyone back to work.

FT latest graphs.

38f646531b9a9256aadeba9758646b22.jpg

3adcfa971225ec70fc4999dac34a3a3b.jpg

Doesn’t look good for Spain unfortunately unless they hit peak soon. We’re currently running similar to France & potentially Italy.

London doesn’t look too bad on the first graph though, well not as bad as I feared.

you mean the bit where I called him an orange idiot?
I might have got it wrong but I thought you were insinuating he gets things done even though he’s an orange idiot.
If that was the case then I disagree, he’s a liability.
If that wasn’t what you meant I apologise.

He did that yesterday and the day before. I watch all the briefings in CH, UK and US. What he actually said today is that they will open up parts of the country at the end of the 15 days to save campaign based on the advice from his medical experts. But lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story. And before you talk about cross county spread that question was asked and answered too.
Are you related to the Tango man ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.