COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish. Nobody knows how long it will be needed. Could be May, we could be still restricted this time next year.
Of course, but they’ll always put dates on things.

Last Monday this half-lockdown we’re currently in started and they said they’d review in 3 weeks.

They’ve already reviewed it and they’ll say “15th June” next and they’ll get to about mid-May and say “this is looking like October now”.

Theyre never going to just say “we are in lockdown and we don’t know how long for” because everyone will freak out.

I think another two weeks of this and we will be right in the middle of a water shortage.

I actually thought that the other day. How much extra water is now being used by everyone washing their hands for 20 seconds (because let's be honest no-one is turning their taps off while they lather up).

Another day goes by, another day wasted on the testing front.

The government seem quite content to go on with this lockdown strategy when technology seems to be changing the situation. Where is the mass testing strategy? There isn't one. In Germany they have changed their approach. Their record on testing was worse than the UK,but at 5 minutes to mdnight they think there's mileage in trying to quarantine infected people. If you can do that, I am certain that that is the way to go. It's far more effective than blunt force curfews. That should be the strategy of third world states who don't have a sophisticated health service and state. Follow WHO guidelines.
Are you being sponsored by the people making testing kits?

I actually thought that the other day. How much extra water is now being used by everyone washing their hands for 20 seconds (because let's be honest no-one is turning their taps off while they lather up).

The close down of the services industry would have freed a huge amount up though.

Culture is just a completely shite excuse. Capacity I can understand but our media should be getting answers to why that is the case (get them to admit to it) and how we can recover from that situation.
Because it wasn’t foreseen and contingency planning isn’t very good.

Why? Probably a combination of many factors including:
  • Myriad causes competing for limited resources,
  • Health Ministers (and those of other departments) being transient political appointments, and
  • Permanent advisers (i.e, senior Civil Service) not being forceful enough.

At least there’ll be some good Hollywood films out in the next decade showing this mad cover-up of China over all this.
And what did Western countries do in January and February? Fiddled while the virus burned.

They thought they'd sit tight and infect the herd. What they should have been doing was develop a testing strategy on the lines of South Korea as advised by the WHO. We can't test our own healthworkers, and we're criticising China?

I'm watching a documentary about doomsday prepper's on Netflix. I used to think they were paranoid, tin foil hat wearing wronguns. I'm not so sure now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.