COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, here's my fairly noddy graph, updated. Previous version showed 25,000 deaths after "wave 1". Unfortunately it now looks like it may be higher.

The dots are actuals, the line is the projections; daily numbers in blue, totals in orange.

Because lockdown us screwing our economy. Millions of healthy young people are losing their jobs. The forloughing of millions of people will have to be repaid. A recession will lead to tens of thousands of people losing their lives. The nhs has to be paid for, schools have to be paid for, if this lockdown continues for too long the resulting recession will make the financial crash look like a chimps tea party. Lockdown is extremely challenging for those suffering with mental illness, and I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest to see a spike in suicides. I was encouraged to hear a question to the health secretary regarding the modelling of number of lives lost due to a recession. This work needs to be done and the statistics need to be released to the British people so a grown up conversation can be had about the pros and cons of continuing to suppress the economy. The lockdown is not cost free, in terms of finance, lives lost and the future stability of the country.
It is a pandemic,980 dead in the last 24hrs,how many times more would it be without the lockdown,this is the primary concern

Already done mate calm down you sound marginally hostile
Sorry didn’t mean to be. Should have said call the police then tell us...what is it that people don’t understand about simple instructions. I know I shouldn’t say this but I will, I hope people who are flouting the rules catch the virus and pass it on to their whole family.

They aren’t the figures the government will use to determine the effectiveness of the current measures, the hospital and critical care ones are. Looks to have suffered worse in comparison to other countries is comparing apples and oranges there can be many reasons why.
Probably the death figures they do use if any will be those that have been properly analysed and assigned as in the graph @Gelsons Dad was posting, not the daily published ones thst make the headlines.

The Government will use hospital and critical care measures to determine the effectiveness of the current measures first because you will get an earlier indication of what's going on. People go into hospital or critical care first before they die. If those figures somehow didn't exist, they would look at the death total.

Comparing deaths between countries isn't apples and oranges. It's a flawed but broadly accurate way of discovering how your nation compares to others. I'd assume every country in the world is looking at these and the UK definitely is because they show us the graphs. Also, Chris Whitty has implied we're doing worse than Germany (possibly as a result of a lack of testing) so he obviously doesn't consider it to be apples and oranges.

Walking has never been so popular. The government can never say this but people don’t need to go for daily walks or runs it’s not essential to 99% of the population. If you absolutely need to exercise use your gardens, use your stairs, use a treadmill/bike/rower or just run on the fucking spot

Walking has never been so popular. The government can never say this but people don’t need to go for daily walks or runs it’s not essential to 99% of the population. If you absolutely need to exercise use your gardens, use your stairs, use a treadmill/bike/rower or just run on the fucking spot

Where’s the fucking spot ? Kyle Walker’s apartment ?

I was quite liking hancock but passing the buck to frontline staff is out of order,they are dying,they are entitled to be protected with PPE from the second they get to work to the second they leave,they should not be even thinking perhaps i should put some on or use it sparingly,he has shown his true colours today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.