COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The replies to this are quite something......

Day-by-day, in fact, hour-by-hour, I’m starting to hate my fellow Brits.

Once we finalise this trade deal with the EU and hopefully Canada, we need to start thinking about exporting this island’s morons. Surely they can be put to use somewhere doing something, and leave this island with the good citizens left here?

By the way; THANK YOU TURKEY!

Day-by-day, in fact, hour-by-hour, I’m starting to hate my fellow Brits.

Once we finalise this trade deal with the EU and hopefully Canada, we need to start thinking about exporting this island’s morons. Surely they can be put to use somewhere doing something, and leave this island with the good citizens left here?

By the way; THANK YOU TURKEY!
Nah, you can keep the gobshites, thanks.

When others see these people flouting official guidelines, they'll think its alright for them to do the same.
Whereas they are the reason why not staying within the rules is so risky. They are potentially spreading the virus and are therefore dangerous.

They are the main part of the problem not the tiniest bit part of the solution.

Why is there too much milk? Do we drink more latte at work than at home?

Farmers pouring thousands of litres away.

Prior to the lockdown, a third of UK calories came from products purchased outside of the household, so milk will constitute a fair amount of that. It's also used as a secondary source in many products that may not be as in-demand either. Most UK exports go to Ireland, but whether all of that is needed there at present is another point.

The huge amount of restaurants and cafes use a great deal of things that there will be a gigantic amount of unused stock of at the moment, because those restaurants and cafes are closed.

My local independent coffee shop that I would usually go to in the mornings before work must get through dozens of pints of milk a day, every day. They’re just one of six coffee shops on the same street. Imagine what it’s like across the city and across the country.
My small coffee shop used about 10 - 15 litres a day. Plus about 2 kilo of cheese a week.

The huge amount of restaurants and cafes use a great deal of things that there will be a gigantic amount of unused stock of at the moment, because those restaurants and cafes are closed.

My local independent coffee shop that I would usually go to in the mornings before work must get through dozens of pints of milk a day, every day. They’re just one of six coffee shops on the same street. Imagine what it’s like across the city and across the country.
And what are all those customers drinking at home?

And what are all those customers drinking at home?
I’m just drinking tap water. I haven’t bought a pint of milk since we went into lockdown. Mainly because it’s perishable fairly quickly and I don’t want to go out shopping too frequently since the message is “Stay At Home” (I’m aiming to just go shopping once every two weeks, so far that’s working out about right and I’m due my next shop in payday on Wednesday).

And for those not doing what I am and still buying milk for brews; compared to coffee shops who use milk as their main liquid in their drinks, at home we use a drop of milk and it’s water we use as the main liquid. A latte or a mocha from a coffee shop have no water in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.