COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
35,000 confirmed dead, maybe tens of thousands more and everyone out there seems to be patting themselves on the back at what a good job we've done containing it. People on twitter saying ''I've had enough of this lockdown if I want to go to packed parks and beaches I want my freedom'when the lockdown in this country hasn't even been that strict!

4 Question;

1) When Italys death rate was under 10 thousand the public seemed terrified at that situation, and calling for a lockdown, now we are at 35 thousand why are so many so casual about it?
2) The outrage at 'herd immunity'at the start, seems to me that is exactly what is happening now and the public are complying with it too, where are the remonstrations at this?
3) Why do people think it is over? Thankfully for me my parents are still being extremely careful but others seem to think Boris said we can mix in public so the virus must've been told too
4) Will the same people who flock to the beaches be the same people who will kick up a fuss about returning to work and their kids go back to school? The economy is bleak, and the tax payer is going to pay for it some way or another.

It's women mate. Dithering at the bar. Unable to get barman's attention. Waiting a fucking age to get served then wondering what they might have, then fucking about looking for their purse. Know what you want, get the barman's attention, tell him, have your money ready.

You know it well mate, my blood pressure is rising just thinking about it. How I havent got myself in trouble in a supermarket when they insist on unloading and then bagging a trolley full of shopping before then starting the five minute ritual of searching for their purse before selecting about three different cards that are needed to pay for the shopping and be topped up with various points that might at some distant point in the future entitle then to 10% of a large tin off spaghetti hoops. Non of the cards work correctly of course and so there is much swiping and tapping off keypads before they finally fuck off about 20 minutes after they started. Fucking idiots.

Last edited:
Are there any aerial views from the beaches available?
We should be accurate when we assess the distancing.

Going out is a good thing as long as folks are aware and responsible.
The social distancing was being well observed on beaches. The big worry for me is the loos on the motorways on the way there and on the way back. Are they being regularly sterilised?
I bet they aren't.

The social distancing was being well observed on beaches. The big worry for me is the loos on the motorways on the way there and on the way back. Are they being regularly sterilised?
I bet they aren't.
I thought they'd kept toilets shut at services - designed to prevent long journeys.

The phrase ‘World-beating’ Track and Trace system worries me. This is the government who informs, almost daily, that we are being lead by ‘the beat medical advice in the world’ yet our numbers of deaths suggest that can’t be the case.

If we were in the group of countries leading the would, shouldn’t our figures be nearer South Korea, less than 500?
Careworkers got a special badge. World-beating.

Presumably most people are wearing masks in public. If you consider that the main mode of spreading seems to be via stuff coming out of your nose or mouth, if you mostly block that, you're going to dramatically reduce the spread, even when people are in fairly close contact. It's night and day compared to the situation pre-lockdown.
Yet DfE have recommended that teachers should not wear masks - don't want to frighten the kids, make them think there's a virus or something.

You know it well mate, my blood pressure is rising just thinking about it. How I havent got myself in trouble in a supermarket when they insist on unloading and then bagging a trolley full of shopping before then starting the five minute ritual of searching for their purse before selecting about three different cards that are needed to pay for the shopping and be topped up with various points that might at some distant point in the future entitle then to 10% of a large tin of spaghetti hoops. Non of the cards work correctly of course and so there is much swiping and tapping off keypads before they finally fuck off about 20 minutes after they started. Fucking idiots.
My pet hate too. Its like they forget they have to pay for it until told to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.