COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the breaking news stories is that Ruth May Chief Nursing Officer for England) was banned from the daily press conference for refusing to endorse Cummings’ actions. Professor Jonathan Van Tan got the same treatment from Number 10.
I have saying for a while the medics are getting gagged,boris doesn't want them telling the truth ,both of them did not support cummings,they weren't allowed to answer it with boris there,Van Tan said another day I will answered it

After drumming it into us for months that the R rate is the MOST important thing,now it has gone above 1 in the South West (crowds flocking there at bank holidays maybe) then they say it is not the most important thing and just one measure

A health minister says this morning that track and trace is not that important but hancock says it is our civic duty,they have been winging it for weeks

Those two won't have it,i could spend a whole day posting it,they want football back more than read that stuff,typical i'm all right jack attitude

WTF are you on about? Any virus can cause long term health issues there is no evidence to say that covid causes long term issues with those who have had it more than any other similar virus. Barely anyone in the country has it so why shouldn't things start getting back to normal. You say typical Im alright Jack attitude, aren't you retired? No wonder you don't give 2 shits about people being able to get to work and start paying their mortgages and bills so their families can survive. Sounds like you're the selfish I'm alright Jack here. If you're so opposed to life getting back to normal the simple solution is to stay in your house and stop moaning about other people trying to get their lives back on track.

Last edited:
I have saying for a while the medics are getting gagged,boris doesn't want them telling the truth ,both of them did not support cummings,they weren't allowed to answer it with boris there,Van Tan said another day I will answered it

After drumming it into us for months that the R rate is the MOST important thing,now it has gone above 1 in the South West (crowds flocking there at bank holidays maybe) then they say it is not the most important thing and just one measure

A health minister says this morning that track and trace is not that important but hancock says it is our civic duty,they have been winging it for weeks
I watched those briefings. The hacks were trying to get at the scientists as usual, asking political questions. Why should they have to answer those. Johnson and Hancock quite rightly shut them down

I agree that the Government prioritised looking after Cummings instead of scientific and clinical advice. That said. I feel SAGE didn't help the Government with mistakes in the modelling and rate of transmission that might have begun to erode mutual trust. (FWIW I met with Ruth May a couple of years ago to discuss clinical rostering and she was particularly interested in social care).

I have seen information on Twitter this afternoon that indicates that the number of infections in many parts of the South West is still low. The relatively low baseline number of infections probably means that it doesn't take a lot of extra infections to push the R rate up e.g. the 60 odd infections at Weston Hospital a few weeks ago,originating from one superspreader admitted to the hospital, could have affected the R rate at that time.

If we had a proper test, trace and isolate system in place throughout the pandemic then international evidence indicates that we would be far less damaged by Covid 19, as you know.

WTF are you on about? Any virus can cause long term health issues there is no evidence to say that covid causes long term issues with those who have had it more than any other similar virus. Barely anyone in the country has it so why shouldn't things start getting back to normal. You say typical Im alright Jack attitude, aren't you retired? No wonder you don't give 2 shits about people being able to get to work and start paying their mortgages and bills so their families can survive. Sounds like you're the selfish I'm alright Jack here. If you're so opposed to life getting back to normal the simple solution is to stay in your house and stop moaning about other people trying to get their lives back on track.
This virus is destroying multiple organs,there is good reason the world has shut up shop to try and stop it spreading ,i have tried to educate you,you won't listen
I am not retired,i am chronically sick and disabled,when I became disabled i had a husband ,my own business and had to learn how to do basic things again,to look after myself ,all gone in an Instant,there is nothing you can't tell me about losing everything and getting a life back on track

I watched those briefings. The hacks were trying to get at the scientists as usual, asking political questions. Why should they have to answer those. Johnson and Hancock quite rightly shut them down
whitty looked furious that he had to stay stum,he has looked furious a few times at what the gov are doing,they could have just said that is a political question,the lady scientist and van tan didn't play the game and said what they though,trump has done the same to his medics,it has not gone unnoticed he has done the same thing

I agree that the Government prioritised looking after Cummings instead of scientific and clinical advice. That said. I feel SAGE didn't help the Government with mistakes in the modelling and rate of transmission that might have begun to erode mutual trust. (FWIW I met with Ruth May a couple of years ago to discuss clinical rostering and she was particularly interested in social care).

I have seen information on Twitter this afternoon that indicates that the number of infections in many parts of the South West is still low. The relatively low baseline number of infections probably means that it doesn't take a lot of extra infections to push the R rate up e.g. the 60 odd infections at Weston Hospital a few weeks ago,originating from one superspreader admitted to the hospital, could have affected the R rate at that time.

If we had a proper test, trace and isolate system in place throughout the pandemic then international evidence indicates that we would be far less damaged by Covid 19, as you know.
The world class track and trace by Monday several weeks ago aged well ! The app was the key,then it wasn't the most important bit,R was the key,now it isnt,etc etc,wh itty gives an honest appraisal at the select committees he does,when he can say what he wants,many times he has said we should have been testing right from the start,i would love for the scientists and gov to do separate briefings,i think that would be interesting,spin versus medical facts

The world class track and trace by Monday several weeks ago aged well ! The app was the key,then it wasn't the most important bit,R was the key,now it isnt,etc etc,wh itty gives an honest appraisal at the select committees he does,when he can say what he wants,many times he has said we should have been testing right from the start,i would love for the scientists and gov to do separate briefings,i think that would be interesting,spin versus medical facts

I think the Government see Jenny Harries as the advisor whose closest to their thinking. I think some of the other advisors have been frank like Whitty and Van Tam without looking for conflict.

Hopefully, the very poor weather of recent days helps to control the R rate from rising. That said, I am hoping that the rain clears up by Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.