COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically no concrete proof of people being reinfected, yet ? Just "investigating".

If there were serious reinfections it would be BIG news, it might yet become big news, but with so many positive tests to look at across the world, it would be known, and be BIG news.
You forget this is so new,if you want a 100% gold plated yes to anything you might be waiting a while,there has to be investigating and data collected,peer reviewed,what is significant ,what isnt

You forget this is so new,if you want a 100% gold plated yes to anything you might be waiting a while,there has to be investigating and data collected,peer reviewed,what is significant ,what isnt
No I don't "forget this is new", and my point stands that if 10's, 100's or 1000's that had it acros a pretty large "sample", it would be major news, and it isn't.

I'm not saying it can't or it won't, just that from well over 8M people confirmed to have had it, there hasn't been any confirmed cases of reinfection that I have heard of (or that anyone can point at), but I fully understand people's concerns that neither is there confirmed immunity either.

Though it's not great that antibodies seem to disappear from the body fairly quickly it is only a small part of the story.
Long term immunity depends on whether T cells and B cells that can target the virus can be produced by the bone marrow or thymus.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320182585_Difference_Between_T_Cells_and_B_Cells#:~:text=B cells produce and secrete,antigens of bacteria and viruses.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/health-...-could-still-have-had-covid-fighting-t-cells/
For example, T-cells from the original SARS protected some people against SARS2.
You are giving me a private clinic and the oncologist ,one non peer reviewed study ? Heavens above

Lots of we don't know and maybe and nothing anywhere near certain

How powerful? That is not clear. The WHO’s Michael Ryan said recently that “there is certainly some evidence with regard to T cells, that if you have a previous coronavirus infection you may be able to mount a more rapid response to COVID-19. But there’s no empirical evidence that previous coronavirus infections protect you from infection with COVID-19. The jury is still very much out.”

You can do better than this

You are giving me a private clinic and the oncologist ,one non peer reviewed study ? Heavens above

Lots of we don't know and maybe and nothing anywhere near certain

You can do better than this
I was pointing out that you could be antibody free and still generate T-Cell and B-Cells to fight a virus from memory versions saved in the Bone Marrow (or Thymus) when you last had the infection.

Last edited:
No I don't "forget this is new", and my point stands that if 10's, 100's or 1000's that had it acros a pretty large "sample", it would be major news, and it isn't.

I'm not saying it can't or it won't, just that from well over 8M people confirmed to have had it, there hasn't been any confirmed cases of reinfection that I have heard of (or that anyone can point at), but I fully understand people's concerns that neither is there confirmed immunity either.
It has been news in china,the world has been firefighting ,now comes the finding out how significant it is

I was pointing out that you could be antibody free and still generate T-Cell and B-Cells to fight a virus from memory versions saved in the Bone Marrow (or Thymus) when you last had the infection.
See my edit with the comments from the WHO

I like talking about this with you and I do take your points on board

My medic daughter says that many medics are of the opinion that the MMR vaccine resulted in the creation of memory B-Cell and T-Cells that allow the body to fight off the virus in people under the age of 45.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...m_SARS-CoV-2_in_Highly_Vaccinated_Populations
It has been suggested that MMR vaccinations should be given to test group volunteers under 70 to prove/disprove this theory.

It has been news in china,the world has been firefighting ,now comes the finding out how significant it is
You say its been "news" in China, but the report you posted (from the USA - and by an organisation linked to the US government, so I'd trust that about as much as one from China linked to the Chinese government), does not say "confirmed", it says "reported".

I'm not trying to get into an argument with you karen, but you constantly go on about facts, and I agree that's what we should deal in, but it goes both ways.

There are reports of people testing positive twice in China and surrounding areas but then the whole testing thing has ifty i have also read scientists say that they think if you get it again it is likely not to be as bad,you may not even be ill enough to get tested again

There has been a very limited trial in China i think,something like thirty patients that concluded that after having covid you shed the virus way past being infectious and it was that causing the second positive

We know a lot of our tests in this country are repeats but the gov has stopped giving us the number of patients that is and in what circumstances the second or more was done

Bottom line is the world's experts all assumed immunity at the beginning based on other coronaviruses,it soon changed to this is not behaving how we expected and even now none of them will tell any individual person they have immunity

We are still at the start data/trials wise,there is an awful lot yet to be discovered

The CDC is looking into it

According to the alert, reports from China and South Korea have described instances of re-infection from people who have previously recovered from COVID-19 with or without symptoms. It is not known yet the extent of that happening in the United States

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...-possible-reinfection-of-covid-19/ar-BB153anF

The WHO is looking into it

The move is in response to a report from South Korea on Friday that 91 patients who had been cleared of COVID-19 and were being prepared for discharge tested positive again. Officials say that, rather than being reinfected, patients may be suffering from a “reactivated” coronavirus

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...f-coronavirus-patients-testing-positive-again
This was proven to be dead virus fragments being expelled from the lungs triggering +ve tests.
https://www.news-medical.net/amp/ne...ing-COVID-19-reinfection-false-positives.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.