COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf the US hasn't seen the peak of a first wave yet. The numbers never went down. That added to the fact a large majority of US citizens are dumb as rocks. I'm not all that sure a second wave of real significance is assured. No proof that suggests the current local lockdown plan isn't the best option we have.

I
The dropped off ,with Europe but we kept going and they have gone right up again and some,this is down to trump who doesn't give a shit really,he just wants re-electing

Of course it was skewed a bit as new York was the hot spot and now it's southern states and florida,it is now a much more even spread across the country,my heart bleeds for them they have him in charge telling them to go to his rallies,don't bother with the rules we live by but oh sign this disclaimer before you come in

Karen, no offence, but we are all aware of how serious this is, is there much need in the obsessive doom and gloom and constant reference to the lungs and organs ? You are pretty much reminding us every post.

relatively the UK have finally got a grip and there’s a lot to be positive about especially in comparison to other countries - we all know it can quickly change and likely a second wave, but long as the majority keep doing what they are doing then we should be ok - we are better prepared this time round and know far more about the virus than before
I am talking about america,i watch them at night

There is every need to remind people that it is not here,gone and let's all go back to normal ,they have the same long term damage ,if even that reminds you to stick to the rules then job done,i am watching a young actor/dancer who has lung damage and is struggling ten weeks on,they are getting 50,000 new cases a day,there country is open

Italy had younger,fitter ,drs and nurses ,we had 300 frontline workers,most young and fit enough to be working ,america are showing lifting loads of restrictions they are seeing these new numbers and ventilator patients

We open up for mostly young people in a sat to get pissed out of there heads,fill A and E ,just like the old times,are experts are warning the hospitals as well,opening on a Monday would have been better and a gradual stream of people and not the new years eve they are expecting

This is our American test ,can we give so much freedom and get away with it?

Take me as a warning ,four months on and still struggling ,my health problems are not involved in my journey,my organs except lungs have been given a clean bill of heath ,my blood tests are fine ,my lungs were fine on the first of March when I belting out songs at Wembley

My mission is to keep telling even you youngsters to be careful

You can ignore me on here if you want,i won't mind,i know I come across negative on here but I don't want people to go out there and forget it just don't bother with them

Once a nurse always a nurse,i always worry about other people,can't change that

Last edited:
Ha my age group will tell you we used to have measles and chickin pox parties,one had it we all got sent round then had a few days on the settee eating ice cream,incredible dangerous thing to do but our parents thought it was ok,i can see the logic in the school getting it over with them we went back at the same time
Incredibly dangerous my arse.
Measles and chicken pox were considered inconveniences.
Nobody I know in my generation knew of anyone harmed long term by either of them caught as school kids.
There were no vaccinations available anyway.
Measles vaccination started in 1963 and Rubella in 1969.
However We all knew people in iron lungs because of polio and people turned into living skeletons by TB.

Last edited:
Karen, no offence, but we are all aware of how serious this is, is there much need in the obsessive doom and gloom and constant reference to the lungs and organs ? You are pretty much reminding us every post.

relatively the UK have finally got a grip and there’s a lot to be positive about especially in comparison to other countries - we all know it can quickly change and likely a second wave, but long as the majority keep doing what they are doing then we should be ok - we are better prepared this time round and know far more about the virus than before

We’re not building a shrine for Karol Sikora so pack it in.

Incredibly dangerous my arse.
Measles and chicken pox were considered inconveniences.
Nobody I know in my generation knew of anyone harmed long term by either of them caught as school kids.
There were no vaccinations available anyway.
Measles vaccination started in 1963 and Rubella in 1969.
However We all knew people in iron lungs because of polio and people turned into living skeletons by TB.

And yet Shingles is a fucker and can cause major long term nerve damage. and you cant get shingles unless you have had Chickenpox.

it may have been seen as an inconvenience back then but in retrospect it was a totally insane thing to do.

Parents probably wouldn't have been so casual if they knew it as Herpes Zoster!

Example, My Dad now has this due to getting shingles on the face.
https://www.brainandlife.org/articl...igeminal Neuralgia,of electricity in her face.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the figures last night. I gave up as there was something more enjoyable going on over on Sky live from the Etihad.

After that great night those figures are really impressive - quarter of a million tests - and yet the lowest case numbers to date. Plus a low all settings death figure too. First sub 100 all settings weekday total.

This matches well the hospital admissions and ICU beds data I posted a couple of pages back and the data on the wider testing Andy Burnham released for GM yesterday. All showing substantially falling case numbers and fewer people being both hospitalised and going into ICU.

Not entirely sure how that is happening with the recent good weather and the gradual erosion of the lockdown via packed beaches and demos. But it can only be good news.

Btw the website possibly explains the delay. And messes up my daily postings. They have entirely changed how they report positive cases.

Obviously under no pressure to do so whatsoever.....

Consequently I cannot really tell you how things changed yesterday as all the data is reset higher by adding in other cases.

But will at least be able to monitor change from this evening via the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.