COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be a national one. Also, I stongly suspect the wheels will come off when the usual seasonal coughs and colds start in the Autumn - one person in a family shows any symptoms and even if its just a cold they will isolate for a week and the rest of the household for 14 days.

If the instant saliva test is ready by then it shouldn't be a problem. By all accounts it's close to being approved. I think you're right about that being our biggest issue now, when people start getting a cold or the flu if we can't identify what they have immediately we are going to be in a bit of a mess.

A bit rich calling people out as doom mongerers because their concerns didn't materialise and now state you have concerns

Whilst this pandemic remains active, everyone should have concerns
He means me,i dont give a shit,i dont want people to get as sick as i have been and still am,if i havr to be negative every fucking day to stop one person being stupid then i will,america shows what can happen and the experts predict a second wave on winter,he can suck my dick if that offends him

67 all settings deaths. Down from 100 last Saturday and I think the first sub 100 weekday total (as in the data is from Friday, of course, so reported on a weekday not a Saturday or Sunday when numbers always are lower as its less easy to register deaths).

Last edited:
The sad reality is this virus mostly kills the unfit and unwell. And has impacts on but does not kill the younger and fitter.

Unless and until we get a vaccine that works life will be about balancing the number who catch it and survive and the ones who do not. Because the economy can only stretch so far in a long term pandemic.

So the most vulnerable have to be protected long term. Possibly at least for another year. But the younger fitter (who can self identify as being this at their own risk) can be allowed out there to expose themselves to the virus if they choose to do so. In hope most will survive and build some level of immunity.

It is a delicate balancing act and depends to a degree on the selfish at least caring to some degree about protecting the vulnerable in their own family or friends. And the state doing what it can to stop those who would be most vulnerable and might overwhelm the NHS in a second wave from coming into contact with the virus.

Most in that situation understand and will take extra care regardless of government edicts. That will help. The risk takers will go out. The ones most at risk will probably largely stay in.
Those who go out can still catch it and take it home,i am surprised to dont get that,you cannot put the old and vulnerable with np contact with anyone,it is already killing them having no contact with anyone for four months,this ia a joint effort,everyone protecting everyone else,it is a myth that younger fit people havent died

He means me,i dont give a shit,i dont want people to get as sick as i have been and still am,if i havr to be negative every fucking day to stop one person being stupid then i will,america shows what can happen and the experts predict a second wave on winter,he can suck my dick if that offends him
You carry on hun, it does no harm to remind people how serious this virus is. Too many now believing it is over and simply doing what they want. I'm convinced people's behaviours now are inviting trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.