COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see stats to support any claim of increased suicide levels, as sadly stuff like that happens pretty regularly anyway. I'm from Urmston/stretford, and it felt like there was always news about some poor soul throwing themselves in front of a train when I was growing up.

I did a quick search and there are a few articles claiming suicide attempts have risen but I’m not sure how reliable the info is.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1287630/suicide-attempts-elderly-people-coronavirus-lockdown

England hospital deaths today 22. 6 from yesterday and 8 from the north west.

Last Friday it was 38 with 6 from the previous day and 8 of the 38 from the NW.

5 of the 6 who died yesterday were from the NW. Which is a little concerning.

But this is the lowest Friday total from English hospitals as far as I recall.

This thing isn't going away. Within a few days, two pubs, a restaurant and a shop in our town have had to close and undertake a deep clean because of a customer testing positive. I shall continue as is and only go out for essential items
I went shopping this morning and for the first time since March both traffic and pedestrian numbers were back to typical Friday pre-lockdown levels, but only about 1 in 10 wearing masks and mixed compliance with social distancing.

The add ons:

8 added to 8 July so two day total is 12 and 4 of the last 5 days have been that.

4 added to 7 July which has a three day total of 16 (third total below 20 for this stage in last 4 days)

1 added to 6 July which has a four day total of 23.

0 added to 5 July which has a 5 day total of 19. and the last 3 (and 4 out of the last 5) five day totals are now below 20.

The six day total for 4 July is 20. The week long total for 3 July is still 16 - as still is 1 July.

The England hospital death numbers are certainly positive I would say.

Wales data 0 deaths. That is the second time on a midweek day this week. And very positive news..

10 new cases.

They also report they believe they have contained the meat plant outbreaks.

Last Friday it was 2 deaths and 26 new cases.

N Ireland 0 deaths too and 4 new cases.

So again we have 0 deaths in Scotland, Wales and Nortern Ireland on the same day. And a low 22 for England. Which is the UK hospital total.

Very good news.

Last Friday it was 43.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.