COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just announced they’re changing it back in the commons, Hancock himself said it. Now I’ve no idea how many may have been done with this but it was certainly allowed to happen if needed.

But what section. ?? There are many in the mental health act. 136 and 137 are the most used to protect vulnerable people. If you mean the proposed changes to section 12 ? That's Dols (deprevation of liberty's ) it has been on the table since last year. Its hardly been rushed through under this covid guise as its been under consultation for well over 12-18 months. It also makes perfect sense when you see what it actually involves. It allows one psychiatrist to make the call alone. This is done because the demand on the NHS and most surgeries = Drs are backlogged and over loaded. Also its not like you can assess over Skype. So it saves two people being tied up. Even with one Dr it will still be under constant review. Dispite what the nut jobs on here will tell you. Its pretty difficult to deprive someone of their liberty. Its hardly a conspiracy or forcing through snide dealings. It will make the service run better if anything. All the old safeguards are still I'm place. Its like I've posted previous. Taken out of context anything can be made to sound negative.

With the measures they put in place the imperial college model roughly predicted around 260k deaths (although considering the virus most likely spread through a significant chunk of the population in feb/march the model is actually predicting closer to 500k). We are no where near that. And that article you've linked, the researchers it's quoting are from imperial so they are just saying "yes, the model we put together is right". Straight up, the model is wrong and it's what the entire western world based their lockdowns on. Boris Johnson is going to look a right **** when the rest of the world figures this out. This is a good thing. He is a ****.

Well, you're right about Johnson being a ****. But other than that, not so much. The very high figures you quote are unmitigated, with original and slowed doubling times. They were not for a lockdown situation.

This story is a bit speculative but suggests that the Astrazeneca Oxford vaccine maybe under review in Europe.

I am not sure how long it takes for them to make a decision. Process is not clear from that

Treat with caution.

Bloomberg

This story is a bit speculative but suggests that the Astrazeneca Oxford vaccine maybe under review in Europe.

I am not sure how long it takes for them to make a decision. Process is not clear from that

Treat with caution.

Bloomberg

Doesn't necessarily tell you anything about the success of the vaccine.

"Rolling review" means the many sections of the submission are reviewed as the data comes in to complete them.

The main efficacy data could (will most likely) be last in.

So this could be interpreted as the agency getting its ducks in a row so *if* the main trial is positive there will be very little delay. It doesn't tell you anything about whether the results are going to be positive. What it does tell you is that Astrazeneca probably expects results in the next few weeks.

Fingers crossed.

Have they rung up and said i am due a smear can i book in ?
Karen can you just simply accept that others experiences are different to yours. For example, my mother hasn't been able to get an appointment at her doctors. Before you ask has she been insistent in her aproach or can she use a telephone? She works on the switchboard for the NHS for N Manchester. I think she knows how to try to get things done!

Karen can you just simply accept that others experiences are different to yours. For example, my mother hasn't been able to get an appointment at her doctors. Before you ask has she been insistent in her aproach or can she use a telephone? She works on the switchboard for the NHS for N Manchester. I think she knows how to try to get things done!
Sorry , i was trying to be helpful !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.