COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are now at a big tipping point. Denial and delay has already cost us.

There should be an emergency meeting of the whole UK today and instant decisions on rapid action (belated as they are).

Nicola Sturgeon just now is citing figures for Blackpool (Scotish people go there a lot) and advising people it is THE place where over past weeks that Scottish people have travelled before catching Covid.

Please do not go to Blackpool she says. Doi not go in pubs there to watch the Rangers/Celtic match this weekend.

But, Blackpool - of course - was EXCLUDED by the government initially from the rest of Lancashire restrictions.

Go figure.

why don't people take some personal responsibility for once?

of course they'd be affected, people hospitalised, Covid spreading even quicker, people requiring care at home.
All that seems to be as a result of those who have covid or any other infection caused by their own wilful actions and you seem think its ok?
Its is their own fault, no-one else's but Sods Law can be harsh and the good guys end up suffering one way or other.

Nicola being asked about the Celtic v Rangers game and should not fans be allowed into stadiums because there is now evidence fans are travelling to places like Blackpool to watch it in pubs. Which is more dangerous.

She replied - Watch it at home. Do not travel.

These rules are about saving lives. Not to make Nicola Stuegeon happy. She appealed to people to be more self aware and think of the consequences.

Seems there is evidence people are doing this (and to Carlisle) to get around the ban on pubs in Glasgow. And a travel ban may have to be introduced. But she wants good will and responsibility to do this. And thats why she is asking them NOT to do this this weekend.

'I am not expecting you to obey these rules because I ask you - but to keep your loved ones safe and it is the right thing to do.'

Last edited:
Nicola Sturgeon just called for an urgent Cobra meeting to discuss a UK strategy - so she agrees with what I said above. And it is surely obvious. Nobody should even need to ask. Should already be happening in a 'United' Kingdom.
I am suprised it does not happen in a European 'Union'.

Nicola being asked about the Celtic v Rangers game and should not fans be allowed into stadiums because there is now evidence fans are travelling to places like Blackpool to watch it in pubs. Which is more dangerous.

She replied - Watch it at home. Do not travel.

These rules are about saving lives. Not to make Nicola Stuegeon happy. She appealed to people to be more self aware and think of the consequences.

Oh trust she will also be taking great pleasure in stopping people from enjoying that game in pubs.

All that seems to be as a result of those who have covid or any other infection caused by their own wilful actions and you seem think its ok?
Its is their own fault, no-one else's but Sods Law can be harsh and the good guys end up suffering one way or other.

No, I don't think it's ok, but I don't think outbreaks of pneumonia will help. Deal with them in a dry manner by all means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.