COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this argument in the thread above about the wave peaking some days ago? Where is the data showing this please? I would love it to be true and there has been some hints of a plateau effect. Is that what is being meant?

Cases are not skyrocketing here like they were. That is a good sign. Hospital admissions and deaths were always going to trail that and so it would take time to see anything similar appear in those numbers.

But I have not seen any hard data arguing the second wave has peaked.

Would be amazing news if it has though.
It hasnt , we are going into winter , there will be very hard months ahead , does anyone read the relevant experts stuff i post ?

We don’t know that. Before Christmas is a possibility, not certain but possible.

A Covid vaccine could be given to some of the most vulnerable people "this side of Christmas", according to the chairwoman of the UK Vaccine Taskforce.
But limited supplies would mean the government would have to decide who should get it, and when.
Kate Bingham also said a vaccine will not be "a silver bullet" that would allow life to get back to normal overnight.
"This side of dec 25th " is not literal , it would be a tiny amount if any , the chair of the wellcome trust is the one to listen to as they are the vaccine experts

People get their hopes up of a roll out that will sort the problem out and we are all back to normal by spring , it is important to be clear on time scales for mass vaccination, you cant just wish this away

She also said this

One worry, she said, is that work on a vaccine would have to start again from scratch if the virus was to mutate sufficiently in the future.
But she was hopeful that by 2022 there would be no need for people to wear face masks, and was more confident that we could be bringing in 2022 with family gatherings and parties.

Last edited:
"This side of dec 25th " is not literal , it would be a tiny amount if any , the chair of the wellcome trust is the one to listen to as they are the vaccine experts
Doesn’t matter if it’s a tiny amount, before Christmas is still December. So my estimate of a 4 month roll out from December taking us to April ish is possible. Not saying certain, but possible.

What are the lakes like at the minute and where did you go ?

We are in Grange. Appears to be lots of traffic, quite funny really, it is as if people are driving around but not getting out of their cars; fewer people on the streets. Fells are busy though, lots of people out walking.

Regional hospital numbers yesterday/today

London patients up from 467 to 498 (338 wk ago) Vents up 82 to 86 (57 wk ago)

Midlands patients up from 823 to 853 (576 wk ago) Vents down 91 to 88 (81 wk ago)

North East/Yorks up 1165 to 1230 (914 wk ago) Vents up 109 to 113 (99 wk ago)

And North West:

Patients up 1703 to 1785 (1218 wk ago) Vents up 160 to 161 (132 wk ago)

13 May was last time there were this many patients in NW with covid and 11 May last time as many were on ventilators.

As you can see that is about 3 weeks further back than the UK wide hospital data - revealing how far ahead of the curve the NW is - and I suspect Yorkshire too

What is this argument in the thread above about the wave peaking some days ago? Where is the data showing this please? I would love it to be true and there has been some hints of a plateau effect. Is that what is being meant?

Cases are not skyrocketing here like they were. That is a good sign. Hospital admissions and deaths were always going to trail that and so it would take time to see anything similar appear in those numbers.

But I have not seen any hard data arguing the second wave has peaked.

Would be amazing news if it has though.
I think in the next few days we will know. Three days with higher cases than today are what people are clinging to. However it does look like the Manchester cases are dropping and are half that of Nottingham according to the BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.