COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what I hear, as I can now, I also have a good enough panorama of the south and west of the city to see the specks of blue on their calls every night.
There are also traffic lights in all directions close to the LGI. I guess an Ambulance might use its siren to help avoid being held up by traffic at the lights (though I know the lights would change to green anyway).

Yes, that’s why ‘broadly’ equivalent comes to mind. But each country has urban/sparsely populated areas.

Hence why having locally different levels in U.K. makes perfect sense ... albeit sometimes confusing and leading to ‘hohoho’ media stories about a ‘street divided’ when one side is in a different area to the other.
They go with the ‘hohoho’ - but never offer how they’d do it differently.
True but German towns and City's are less densly populated than ours. West Germany consciously built back with more open spaces in their cities after WW2.

Sadly after the match today's data is not going to cheer any of us up.

England hospital deaths a horrifying 185 - with 74 in the NW alone.

That is 99 up from last Saturday when it was 86 with 33 in the NW.

The battle of ideas on here about the rise of deaths in the second wave not even being enough to count as a second wave a few weeks back has been rather silenced by events.

These numbers are risiong even faster than I feared and it looks like the dithering and delay yet again is now going to lead to hundreds of deaths a day for the foreseaable future. Unless something really happens to change that.

Which I am not expecting to be anybody making the right decisions urgently or knowing what to do to stop this accelertion. Which in the past ten days has been quite frightening.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.