COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chance do we have when people like this exist.
Frightening just how many people believe these conspiracy theories and while the percentages in each country vary, they’re all significantly high regardless of creed or colour. Social media has definitely played a part for me in terms of the increase in numbers of people who buy into this kind of thing.

Regarding Covid-19, I’ve been saying for months that it’s the ultimate wet dream for conspiracy theorists. Now not all conspiracy theories are dangerous - saying the moon landings were faked, for example, might draw a few sniggers but it doesn’t do anyone any harm in the grand scheme of things and isn’t going to maim or kill people - but some of the lies and misinformation being peddled about this virus can most definitely cause harm, insofar as it may convince people to stop following guidelines and therefore increase their chances of catching and/or spreading the virus. I’ve mentioned the local conspiracy theorist on here in the past, but now I’ve got a long-standing mate spamming me with some of the wilder theories. One being that it’s part of a new world order so as to oppress us and turn us into a communist country. Another is that there is a near 400 page dossier of draconian Covid laws passed by the UK government in March. One of the more extreme laws is that if you refuse a vaccine then they can take everything off you - your house, savings, pension, etc! Now how that one slipped under the radar and got through parliament without anyone in opposition voicing their dissatisfaction is beyond me! I honestly can’t believe some of the stuff I’m hearing, yet when I challenge it and try and point out how far-fetched it all is, I get told to stop taking the piss!

The 207 England hospital deaths were aged between 36 and 101.

All but 6 (aged between 60 and 93) had known underlying health conditions.

Cases up again to 22,885 (up 1995 on yesterday) and all settings deaths a very worrying 367.

Incidentally - at 20,000 or so cases a day the UK will reach one million Covid cases by the end of this week.

This country is at a tipping point-in the spring the majority followed the govt's advice-it seems over time more and more people are turning against it-Cummings effect, eat out campaign, now the FSM fiasco. Quite how Dido harding still has a job I'll never understand...and its not even winter yet.

Cases up again to 22,885 (up 1995 on yesterday) and all settings deaths a very worrying 367.

Incidentally - at 20,000 or so cases a day the UK will reach one million Covid cases by the end of this week.
Think I read that in France they reckon they’re having around 100,000 cases per day; it’s just that half of that number are discovered through testing.

The regional scoreboard gloomy news for the North West again sadly.

England I fear has missed the boat yet again in stemming this increase and Scotland, Wales and Ireland are going to get a reasonable Christmas whilst we will be in a big mess by then.

Really hope the government are right and I am wrong but getting increasingly less confident.

England is the primary cause of today's case rise. Still escalating whilst the other nations starting to see some control.

Cases seem to be possibly leveling off at arround 20 to 23k a day?

London 2019 - up from 1787

Midlands 2228 - up from 2170

North East 1162 - up from 970

Yorkshire 3568 - up from 3000

And North West 5322 - up from 4724. Biggest rise and second worst number in last month.

This country is at a tipping point-in the spring the majority followed the govt's advice-it seems over time more and more people are turning against it-Cummings effect, eat out campaign, now the FSM fiasco. Quite how Dido harding still has a job I'll never understand...and its not even winter yet.
Im not defending Harding etc but most european countries must have a similar person and government in charge as they all seem to be experiencing a huge second surge like we are??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.