COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some good analysis on hospital beds from the sun. Every region will below the average for this time of year, who would have thought it from what the media are telling us. Only 13% of all beds in use have covid patients in them. 95% of all deaths had underlying health conditions, no surprise there. 42 people under 40 have died since the start of the pandemic that didn't have underlying conditions. Total deaths are roughly in line with the 5 year weekly average.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13260175/covid-stats-revealed-deaths-icu-hospital-beds/

Always remember....

7A6B0DD3-70F7-43D5-A8C9-3A5460AEFE13.jpeg

The number of UK coronavirus hospital deaths has risen by 391 in the highest Saturday increase since May

NHS England said 326 people had died in its hospitals including two people aged between 20 and 39
The numbers have levelled off Kaz. Just need them to start falling. But cases staying quite high sadly.

NHS staff starting to take vaccine on the 1st December is a great breakthrough. If they are willing to take it, no excuse for the rest of us.

My niece is down to have it first. She is front line Covid ward at Macc general.
I would say that it is sensible to give it to them first and not just from a protection point of view.
They are trained to spot adverse reactions to many drugs, and are surround by health care professionals and in the right place etc.

My niece is down to have it first. She is front line Covid ward at Macc general.
I would say that it is sensible to give it to them first and not just from a protection point of view.
They are trained to spot adverse reactions to many drugs, and are surround by health care professionals and in the right place etc.

I was chatting to a breast cancer surgeon this morning. She said it has been so difficult treating and operating on patients in the knowledge that she could have the virus. So felt it her responsibility to take it as soon as possible.

Mental numbers in Poland again today - nearly 25000 cases and nearly 600 deaths. Aren’t they supposed to be in a stricter lockdown than us as well?
They are. With schools shut. But they had at least 12 days of protests against the abortion ban at the beginning of November, with more than 100,000 attending on some days. Maybe related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.