COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but IF the latest info posted that there were no over 55s in the small 90% efficacy sample is correct then this is serious cause for concern.

I don't think that would be any cause for concern. The 62% is good enough.

Also, they've recently published separate data showing the immune response is actually better if anything in older subjects (that was a surprise).

What is the reason for concern?

With the vaccine - surely if the ONLY issue is with the half dose test error and the 62% efficacy trials are OK then in the circumstances that regime can be offered but further testing on the half dose one then delayed until sure it is OK.

Assuming assessment finds no other issues with the testing given they will look more carefully based on this admission of an error. Which may hold this up until January or later now.

Knowing a vaccine is coming is a big factor in how people will behave over the next few months. With most of our eggs in this basket for the coming months not the other two which will go to the US first then this decision is big for the UK whichever way it goes.

Doubt Boris will survive the UK waiting all winter thanks to ordering a screwed up vaccine whilst the rest of the world gets first dibs.

Last edited:
I don't think that would be any cause for concern. The 62% is good enough.

Also, they've recently published separate data showing the immune response is actually better if anything in older subjects (that was a surprise).

What is the reason for concern?
I think the data should have been released unequivocally on the basis of 62% efficacy but that trials were continuing on the smaller sample that might give improved results.
Instead there was a nod and a wink to the 90%efficacy figure.
Sky for example ran with this figure all day in their coverage.
So competitors have been allowed to muddy the waters and cast doubt on the figures.
There just seems to be a lot of bad shit around this at the moment.
PS you say 62% is good enough but if I'm in a vulnerable or older group surely it's better to have 90% plus. II'll have that one thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.