COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my little sexist joke, think your info is great, you do the hard yards for the rest of us to just log in and get the appropriate updates, really useful for us that find it difficult to trawl through endless facts and figures, cheers.

No problem but thank Gelson's Dad also.

He (assuming the user name infers that he is a he ! ) started doing this on here but disappeared sadly. I came here for that data too months ago but since I had the time - I just carried on the tradition.

Scientists have estimated the reproduction number, known as the R number, is now edging below one

England: 0.9 - 1.0

East of England: 0.9 - 1.1

London: 1.0 - 1.1

Midlands: 0.9 - 1.1

North East and Yorkshire: 0.8 - 1.0

North West: 0.7 - 0.9

South East: 1.0 - 1.2

South West: 0.9 - 1.1

England hospital deaths in detail:

26 Nov adds 58 = 58 after 1 day (Last wk 50 added)

25 Nov adds 160 = 223 after 2 days (Last wk 168 added = 237)

24 Nov adds 54 = 264 after 3 days (Last wk 47 added = 251)

23 Nov adds 19 = 272 after 4 days (Last wk 20 added = 246)

22 Nov adds 7 = 299 after 5 days (Last wk 14 added = 275) Sadly 299 is a new 5 day high for this second wave. So we may well soon have another new peak death number.

We clearly are not yet at the summit of wave 2 unfortunately and whilst some numbers week to week are slowing their rise it is too early to say we are really at the top.

The current peak of the wave - 313 on 18 Nov happily had no more added today. Nor did the previous one of 9 Nov which still sits at 299.

I will not list all the other add ons back to October as they do not change any past numbers significantly.

Scientists have estimated the reproduction number, known as the R number, is now edging below one

England: 0.9 - 1.0

East of England: 0.9 - 1.1

London: 1.0 - 1.1

Midlands: 0.9 - 1.1

North East and Yorkshire: 0.8 - 1.0

North West: 0.7 - 0.9

South East: 1.0 - 1.2

South West: 0.9 - 1.1

This just goes to show what abject stupidity it is to let everyone loose at Xmas. Blow all the progress that has been made and for what?

In a meeting on 19 November, SAGE concluded with "high confidence" that within one month of being infected a large proportion of people will develop immunity, which they say with "moderate confidence" should persist for at least three months

Also

In a bundle of notes from 18 November, they said the relaxation of rules over Christmas "will result in increased transmission and increased prevalence, potentially by a large amount. And they suggest the rules being relaxed for five days could have quite a big impact on cases, commenting: "The prevalence could easily double during a few days of festive season, with further multiplicative increases as new infections go back to their 'routine' networks.

This is sky blog so lots of up to date news

This just goes to show what abject stupidity it is to let everyone loose at Xmas. Blow all the progress that has been made and for what?
I totally agree with you , people should brace themselves for horrific numbers in jan/feb and the nhs swamped , cant say people havent been warned , you cant wish this thing away

Todays deaths without the out of hospital ones for England to be added is 408

3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today : - 270 v 342 v 401 v 408 - which is as you see not a dramatic rise in the past week.

Adds a bit of nuance to the obvious tragedy of 408 deaths (plus whatever England out of hospital adds) that just a number on its own does not.

Last weeks 401 became 511 on all settings for comparison when the all settings today is announced.

Cases for the three nations 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today

3019 v 2761 v 2407 v TODAY = 2525 - sadly a slight increase which is not good to see given the limited fall in the 3 weeks of under 500.

When England was added last Friday the 2407 became 20, 252.

It has been lower than that every day since.

England hospital deaths in detail:

26 Nov adds 58 = 58 after 1 day (Last wk 50 added)

25 Nov adds 160 = 223 after 2 days (Last wk 168 added = 237)

24 Nov adds 54 = 264 after 3 days (Last wk 47 added = 251)

23 Nov adds 19 = 272 after 4 days (Last wk 20 added = 246)

22 Nov adds 7 = 299 after 5 days (Last wk 14 added = 275) Sadly 299 is a new 5 day high for this second wave. So we may well soon have another new peak death number.

We clearly are not yet at the summit of wave 2 unfortunately and whilst some numbers week to week are slowing their rise it is too early to say we are really at the top.

The current peak of the wave - 313 on 18 Nov happily had no more added today. Nor did the previous one of 9 Nov which still sits at 299.

I will not list all the other add ons back to October as they do not change any past numbers significantly.

starting to look 'peaky'

View attachment export.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.