COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst week of my life in terms of illness.

We had to call an ambulance out to me on Xmas Eve night just before midnight.

It was so upsetting for wife and kids, couldn't stop coughing and my temp was at 38.4.

The paramedics were first class and could see I was conflicted about going to hospital and potentially be asked to stay in for a few hours.

I'd not even gone into the loft to get the Xmas presents down and that was also praying on my mind, which might sound stupid to many.

They checked my blood pressure and oxygen levels and had me walk up and down our stairs a couple of times.

In the end they prescribed me some antibiotics for a possible secondary chest infection and told me to go straight to A&E if things got worse.

Walking up and down a loft ladder at 1am in the morning and bringing down sacks of presents is not something I would ever want to repeat or recommend.

Wife did her first Xmas Dinner and I managed to eat some and make the best of it with her and the kids.

I just can't shake the terrible thirst during the night and heat and cold sweats.

I've tried sleeping on my stomach, just to try and open my airways and am now into my seventh day.

Coughed up some blood in the shower this morning but it was filled with muscus and spit also after I deliberately tried to hack something up.

I don't mind admitting, this whole thing has shaken me to my core and scared the absolute shit out of me. I'm a fit guy, albeit, 46, with no underlying health conditions.

My wife and son come out of their own isolation today and they were pretty much recovered within four days and just lethargy.

My mum and dad watched from the road as my kids opened their presents in the front window.

It was heartbreaking, but it was the best we could do and it kept my folks safe.

It is a horrible, nasty virus which grabs a hold of you in so many different ways, next time you might hear someone talk about it with any degree of flippancy, walk away in the opposite direction - quickly!

Sounds really scary, TH. Stay strong, Blue, and best wishes to you and your family for a full recovery. x

It was so upsetting for wife and kids, couldn't stop coughing and my temp was at 38.4.

The paramedics were first class and could see I was conflicted about going to hospital and potentially be asked to stay in for a few hours.

I'd not even gone into the loft to get the Xmas presents down and that was also praying on my mind, which might sound stupid to many.

They checked my blood pressure and oxygen levels and had me walk up and down our stairs a couple of times.

In the end they prescribed me some antibiotics for a possible secondary chest infection and told me to go straight to A&E if things got worse.

Walking up and down a loft ladder at 1am in the morning and bringing down sacks of presents is not something I would ever want to repeat or recommend.

Wife did her first Xmas Dinner and I managed to eat some and make the best of it with her and the kids.

I just can't shake the terrible thirst during the night and heat and cold sweats.

I've tried sleeping on my stomach, just to try and open my airways and am now into my seventh day.

Coughed up some blood in the shower this morning but it was filled with muscus and spit also after I deliberately tried to hack something up.

I don't mind admitting, this whole thing has shaken me to my core and scared the absolute shit out of me. I'm a fit guy, albeit, 46, with no underlying health conditions.

My wife and son come out of their own isolation today and they were pretty much recovered within four days and just lethargy.

My mum and dad watched from the road as my kids opened their presents in the front window.

It was heartbreaking, but it was the best we could do and it kept my folks safe.

It is a horrible, nasty virus which grabs a hold of you in so many different ways, next time you might hear someone talk about it with any degree of flippancy, walk away in the opposite direction - quickly!
Reading that, you can see why it’s not an illness that you would want to get aged 70 plus.

A friend of mine had similar, ended up in hospital then intensive care for 30 days. Now home but on oxygen and had to give up his job. Those that don’t take it seriously, should do. Just had another mate test positive and he is diabetic and a bit overweight too so he is worried about where it may lead.

hope you feel better soon.

Glad to hear it didn’t get worse mate and you were able to have some form of Christmas Day.

Very scary to read this.

Hoping you get back to your best soon.

Sorry to hear your news Tolmie. Hopefully you are over the worst now and I know you would happily take being the unlucky one rather than your family being hit by it so bad. You should hopefully emerge now with enough antibodies to see you through to your turn in the vaccine queue. Once you recover that will seem ever more the good news it is for you all.

Those people who think it is no worse than the flu are the ones who have only ever had a cold and do not realise the flu is ten times worse. And that this virus is ten times worse than flu. When they get really ill or one of their family they will be the first to demand total attention from the NHS rather than insist the country go back to normal because this is only people who were going to die anyway who catch it bad.

Also the first to complain if they get hit by a bus or by appendicitis and because we have let everyone catch it and get on with it there is no ambulance or hospital bed waiting for them.

Selfishness is one thing we will never have a vaccine to avoid. Sadly only they can realise the folly of their ways when - and it is not if in nearly everybody's life at some stage - something happens to them or someone dear to them that will open up their eyes to the fact the world does not all revolve around their needs.

Wales data published.

35 deaths (same as last Saturday)

2237 cases (down from 3065 last Saturday).

Positivity rate from the tests is 18,9%. Which is down.

As they did not post any deaths or cases data yesterday it is not clear how many of the above is held over.

If it covers both days it is certainly better than it looks.

But they only said that data over the next few days will be impacted by catchup over the days they do not report.

Worth recalling that normal death registrations everywhere will not be occurring yesterday or today or probably tomorrow and Monday in the way they normally are.

So death numbers likely to be artificially low across the board and we should not read too much into them.

CASE IN POINT!

Scotland data

0 deaths (it was 41 last Saturday) So obviously not the real number.

Cases 1149

At 8.2% positivity.

Similar case numbers to yesterday.

The other data - patients etc - will not be updated until Tuesday.

N Ireland have published data for yesterday and today combined as one.

So these are Friday AND Saturday data combined.

Deaths 20

Cases 998.

Nothing else or more details will be updated until Monday.

The full dashboard data will not be updated until Tuesday.

so out of interest, if 200 people have been vaccinated and they all got locked up in a hall... they can all be around each other, hugging and kissing and zero chance of catching Covid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.