COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollox,I am in the high risk category so in house for next 12 weeks, @karen7 I think a lot of people on bluemoon will be gunning for your post record over the next few months !!!!!!

Can anyone explain to me why Eldris Elba testing positive warrants it being on the Sky news breaking news banner?
People will now be more likely not to horde bog roll for their visits to the luther the next few weeks?

I’ll get my hazmat suit.

Terrible though the Italy figures are, there is some small ray of hope in them. The numbers of deaths is a good indicator, since it's very accurate, not open to interpretation and we're not relying on extrapolations of how many people may or may not have been infected and not tested, or anything like that. It's a cold, hard, measurable stat.

Anyway, here's the data:

If this was pure exponential growth, you'd expect to see a horizontal line, say +25% more deaths per day. That would be exponential growth. if the trend is downwards, that is good news and would seem to imply that things are slowing down... or at least not accelerating as fast as you'd expect. There's not many data points yet, but there would seem to be a declining trend. And very hard to extrapolate, but again, it might imply that sometime in the next couple of weeks or so, the Italy daily deaths may start to fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.