COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking a few pubs social media pages they are all mainly saying business as usual until made not too.

And unfortunately they have to as without an enfirced closure they won't get any aide or insurance.

Close voluntary and possibly close and job loses, forced to be closed and be protected and protect the workforce with insurance.

I think maybe Boris or the team making the decisions hes fronting are initially reluctant to enforce bans, unlike other countries,

is that they probably dont have the resources to actually enforce a ban,for a lengthy period. In addition, if % of population were

to protest against a ban then you have issues with mass gatherings etc. Finally, protests would again apply additional pressure

to limited frontline resources, eg A&E. If they suggest and high majority accede to, of their own volition, then jobs done for them.

I believe they are aware of an impending catastrophy which due to lack of required essentials, no vaccine, poor % icu beds and

critically lack of ventilators and or oxygen that theres, in reality, not a lot they can change positively in required timeline, til more

equipment & much later a vaccine becomes available. As theres not enough kit, its merely a sticky plaster, til we get a vaccine.

Even when we get the vaccine well still need the kit. This event will undoubtedly revise governments policy for the future, whoever

is in charge, that the country neeeds resourced better, within a similar but better funded system or within a radically new system.....

his announcement about withdrawal of emergency support for venues was clever in this respect. I suspect without that cover all venues will close of their own volition as they won’t have any insurance

Put it this way, following the announcement my local pub has put out on Facebook their measures to ensure safety. Basically business as usual, piss heads will still go and pubs will stay open as it’s their income at the end of the day. Only when it’s enforced will we see the benefits.
Quite possibly. Turkeys don’t vote for Xmas. The government’s declared strategy has been to go step by step. If asking doesn’t work, I imagine it will be followed up fairly quickly by something stiffer when they deem the time right.

I imagine a good number will close/fold in the meantime anyway. Some of the initial bravado may also peter out.

I think anyone who claims it's just flu (in an least vulnerable groups) should be enrolled into "national Covid service" and used for free as test guinea pigs for new vaccines, rounded up and kept quarantined.

Then they'll see if it's "just flu".
If I get some extended time off work I’m putting myself forward for that.

£3,500 is worth being ill for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.