COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Government HAS to step in here. The one thing I can reasonably predict is if a section of the population are sent home unpaid for any length of time then they'll be marching on Parliament before you can say guillotine.

I know, what do they expect people to do, just lose their homes?

I think anyone who claims it's just flu (in an least vulnerable groups) should be enrolled into "national Covid service" and used for free as test guinea pigs for new vaccines, rounded up and kept quarantined.

Then they'll see if it's "just flu".
If you’d implemented this 1,000 pages ago, Ric would have had to sell his yacht.

Today was Boris’ worst moment as PM. It was an unclear and unconfident message of half baked ideas.

But he is going to address the nation daily. He should sit back tonight and look at Macron and learn something.

The French on the whole have always looked after their citizens better. The main reason is because if they didn't they would be on the streets en masse. Macron tried to crush the yellow vests and unusually the police backed him. In spite of almost a full msm blackout on it they won and he caved in on the pension reforms.

One question

Why has there been no news reports or filmomg from any hospital?

Because I have been told tonight Bolton Royal hase turned two wards into ICU only and they are full.

Now whether that is completely accurate I don't know, but I do find it strange that we are being shielded from any knowledge of what is happening in our hospitals
There are currently 20 people in critical condition in the whole country. Nearly all hospitals will have nobody in there needing an ICU bed. But it would drive the chances of the film crew contracting it sending them in there.

That’s really shit luck.

Those laid off have a possible claim for redundancy. That might suit some better than having no wages. Worth somebody taking advice on their behalf?
Yeah I know one of the lads is looking into redundancy as he’s worked for us for 7 years FT. The only thing is they have been temporarily laid off so could come back in the next few months when the work picks up again. Like other posters have said there isn’t much work out there either so it’s not easy for them to find anything in the meantime. It’s a shitty situation.

There are currently 20 people in critical condition in the whole country. Nearly all hospitals will have nobody in there needing an ICU bed. But it would drive the chances of the film crew contracting it sending them in there.
I’m sure I saw on the news a week or so ago that we had 70% occupancy on ICU beds even before COVID-19. Of our 5000 ventilators, only about 1,500 are free? We run out of ventilators in 2 or 3 weeks? Can’t be much longer than that, if it’s even that long at all.

For those saying people need to be forced to stay in and not just asked to, do you think there’s actually a practical way of being able to achieve it? They could come out and threaten fines but who’s going to be enforcing it?

Police? Army personnel?

Not having a go, just wondering.

I’ve heard quite and few (and see on my timeline a good few more) young people saying they’re more bothered about missing out on summer holidays than they are bothered about becoming unwell.

They have been stressing the "mild symptoms" stuff way too much. It seems that even the supposedly mild symptoms can be very nasty even in younger, healthy people. Significantly worse than flu. And there are reports that relatively young fit people are struggling with respiratory problems even once they are "fully recovered". But if you keep giving everyone the impression that they will just get a sniffle and only the old cunts will die then it's no wonder so many are so complacent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.