COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wales added 1 new death and 7 new cases. So running UK total is 39 deaths. It was 44 last Saturday.

Cases too are just 14 with N Ireland to come but it has not had a death in a week now and will be single figure cases.

Last week UK cases bar England were 45.

For me the key numbers are how many are new cases and how many of these end up in death or recovery.

I suppose for the USA, when the contagion is at their levels, they are not really taking about their transmission rate which sound high in pockets. As with all stats, there is a story and I think trump is keeping that story to himself atm.

In the UK, we could saw the non Covid deaths spike at the heart of the lockdown and suppose if we tested more we could have had a bigger number of confirmed cases.

In the USA, the number of total deaths is the marker to look at.

It would appear as other graphs on the data set also now show the same thing that there were zero deaths from yesterday in England hospitals.

Surprised no media have noticed this or reported it as it would be a landmark to have had literally 1 death (from Wales) reported that occurred yesterday. And none in England or Scotland or N Ireland especially on a weekday.

I can only think if so there might have been a technical reporting glitch yesterday so no data was available. But you would expect that to have been noted in the published data.

If this is true though the 18 added onto July 9 to make a two day total of 24 would see that at the highest two day level since the 25 June. So would be a concern in its own right.

Assuming the other add ons are correct then 6 were added to 8 July to make a 3 day total of 18 and 3 were added to 7 July to make a 4 day total of 19 and zero added to 6 July to make a 5 day total of 23.

I think the levels of figures are as good as it's going to get at the moment, maybe the odd localised spike here & there but, we'll have to suck these numbers up as 'good news' with in my opinion a second bout of national rises later in the year assuming the second wave is going to hit.

The news from the all settings deaths and case numbers exacerbates the worry over the death figures above.

These are actually quite bad.

148 all settings deaths - over double last weeks 67. And way over expectations.

And the new English cases turn a good day from the other nations with under 20 between them into a big uptick to 820. Nearly all of those from England.

The first real sign that we might be seeing the kind of problems some feared.

Hopefully there are reasons.....but if not on the face of it one of the best ever hospital death totals since the start in March becoming that size involves a lot of add ons from somewhere.

Perhaps they have redefined some things or found lots of old cases?

Last edited:
The 820 cases come from 160. 970 tests.

Seven days ago we had 67 deaths and 624 cases (quarter less) from 205, 673 tests.

So with the 18 deaths apparently added from Thursday and now the above there is some reason to be a little concerned.

Regional scoreboard shows everywhere up but NW in particular.

London + 91 (highest number by far since the new data was added - only had one other above 50 in the last 9 days).

West Midlands + 124 (more than double their highest over the past 9 days of new data and first above 100)

Yorks & Humber + 129 (their highest and the fifth out of nine days above 100)

The North West meanwhile added + 139 (also its fifth out of nine above 100 and the highest yet).

Not going to include the North East from now on as they remain in single figures at 9 so have no obvious problem. Unlike others.

The GM scoreboard is not as bad as feared. It seems the NW spikes are occurring around Blackburn and East Lancashire and are on the national watch list in case they become a lockdown threat. Though Bradford is currently vying for this first.

Bolton 7 (down from 10, total of 67 over the 9 days)

Bury 3 (up from 1, total 23 over the 9 days)

Manchester 13 (up from 10, 103 over the 9 days)

Oldham 5 (seems to have stabilised and 62 over the 9 days)

Rochdale 9 (down from 12, still the hot spot but 62 over the 9 days)

Salford 7 (down from 12, 41 over the 9 days)

Stockport 4 (up from -1 and highest in 8 days. 21 over the 9 days)

Tameside 5 (up from 4, 33 over the 9 days)

Wigan 3 (down from 4, 23 over the 9 days)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.