COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if my sums are right that means 932 are in hospital in the UK and 76 on ventilators.

That was 926 and 78 yesterday.

Read this and thought if there were so many at the plant with it then imagine how many more were infected at their homes. This is just ONE workplace.

Just reading a bit more about this, 300-400 tests are yet to get results, so it could be worse, the company employs 2100 people and only 1200 have been tested, so again could be worse, yet the company spokeswoman is trying to blame it on the employees actions outside work, and suggesting there are very strict rules in place at work, what horseshit is that ?

So nearly 300 (probably more) are perfectly safe at work, but are all so irresponsible outside work that they have caught it from others.

If you look at Kate garraways husband,he was on a ventilator for about five months,covid has destroyed all his organs including his brain,he has been off for a short time and is breathing but minimally conscious,he is now free of covid but if he dies it should go down as covid because that is what put him on a ventilator and did all the damage that would lead to his death,to leave people like him off official figures would be to spin the numbers as it would make a mockery of the 28 and few days later the 60 day limit

Just reading a bit more about this, 300-400 tests are yet to get results, so it could be worse, the company employs 2100 people and only 1200 have been tested, so again could be worse, yet the company spokeswoman is trying to blame it on the employees actions outside work, and suggesting there are very strict rules in place at work, what horseshit is that ?

So nearly 300 (probably more) are perfectly safe at work, but are all so irresponsible outside work that they have caught it from others.

Spot on, I read this an explosion of cases in one workplace and as you said the employees got the blame.

She said the outbreak was "about how people behave outside of Greencore, not at work," adding if people failed to follow the rules "a possible local lockdown will follow".
I mean 300 in one place, if this is anything to go by then it's 100% sure that some companies aren't following rules of any kind.

Regional England changes yesterday v today patients in and those in ventilator beds.

East 52 up to 53
8 up to 9

London 96 down to 91
17 down to 15

Midlands 132 up to 135
9 down to 8

NE & Yorks 108 up to 114
4/still 4

South East 46 up to 51
7 up to 9

South West 15/15
0/0

And North West 134 up to 138
23 down to 19

So pretty well everywhere has increases in numbers outside the south in hospital patients but fairly small over the day. And yet only East and South has added ventilator patients and the North West has lost the most.

Who might, of course, have sadly died as there were 5 NW deaths today.

What about the outlook of the 2 Million people most at risk of covid? what about them? im on 2 immune suppressants, my sister on 1, i have been out twice in 5 months for blood tests and shit myself both times, she hasn't been out at all in that time. We were both told no face to face contact early March. Do we have to stay in forever? i was told i was in the most high risk category so no my opinions are not political. I couldn't give a shit about politics in regards to covid in fact i don't even know why you brought it up. Do me, my sister or any other of the 2 million not feel suicidal? I am all for those who need help for cancer or abuse being able to access it, it's 1000% more important than pubs opening. Those who want everything to open up are basically saying the vulnerable either stay in indefinitely or run the gauntlet with covid. Here it is mate, i had a allergic reaction to a prescribed tablet and it's ruined my life. Every treatment failed and for the 1st time in my life i truly felt like i couldn't go on much longer and then i started on biologics, they have helped somewhat and i felt that i might get a sliver of my life back then covid comes and im depressed and scared all over again. Fuck politics i just want it gone, i can't sit in my fuckin flat forever.

what about people who goto work are we not allowed to go for a couple of pints after work ? Surely if you have underlying health conditions you have to be careful but you can’t let covid control you , what about people’s mental health

The website btw says 952 in hospital and 80 on ventilators not the numbers I give but I do not know why as their own figures do not add up to that. And Scotland is a day behind on the website so that contributes some of the extra patient numbers.

Think thats all we are getting today as no cases means no regional or local scoreboard and another double whammy tomorrow! If they can get Boris on his bike to peddle hard enough to get the website up and running.

If you look at Kate garraways husband,he was on a ventilator for about five months,covid has destroyed all his organs including his brain,he has been off for a short time and is breathing but minimally conscious,he is now free of covid but if he dies it should go down as covid because that is what put him on a ventilator and did all the damage that would lead to his death,to leave people like him off official figures would be to spin the numbers as it would make a mockery of the 28 and few days later the 60 day limit
As I understand it if the doctor puts covid on the certificate it will still be counted even after the 28 days in the ONS figures.

Very true, but including people who just happened to test positive weeks ago, and have died of something completely unrelated is ridiculous, so it does need re-evaluating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.