COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true Tolmie. Most countries I have visited consider Brits as rather eccentric and rebellious nutters.

WE do not do an awful lot to dissuade them of that impression.

I've worked in Stockholm, great place, people very chilled - respectful of their environment - smart, welcoming people.

In isolation, it's too simplistic for people to try and correlate numbers with a country like Sweden and the UK.

Every nation has their fair share of knuckle draggers but we have no equal, sadly.

And then they go and smash up some other country for a 'holiday'.

Madrid calling the army in to help fight the rising cases of Covid. Perhaps they can go visit Barca and pick up Messi and tell him Manchester is safer right now. It might even be true given how things are in Spain.

I have never seen any evidence of that at all unless I've missed something. Are you suggesting that people won't give one or the other credit due too their political leaning or something? Can't quite work out your point.

Not really in relation to political party but maybe in terms of how people view the pandemic and the perceived or real impact on their freedoms.

in our experience its pointless going for a test these days. my daughter got tested a week ago last friday. has never heard back at all about her result and has rung up over twenty times and never been able to speak to anybody. Totally shambollic.

Same here pal. It is now three weeks since I performed my home test and stopped bothering after ringing the number countless times to find out where my results were.

not disputing that sweden was really hard hit, just wondering why its doing so well now. its clearly isnt just down to population density otherwise they wouldnt have been hit so hard in the first place. Something else is happening that we need to understand as Heald has stated.
It is down to population density and to be fair to them they are doing the social distancing thing far better than we are.

I've worked in Stockholm, great place, people very chilled - respectful of their environment - smart, welcoming people.

In isolation, it's too simplistic for people to try and correlate numbers with a country like Sweden and the UK.

Every nation has their fair share of knuckle draggers but we have no equal, sadly.

And then they go and smash up some other country for a 'holiday'.

Don’t judge us all by Harry Maguire’s standards!

I know most of the experts predicted a second wave, but did they predict when things might start to improve again? Ie are we in for a shitty 8 months or so now until the sun comes back out again?

News is absolutely depressing.

I know most of the experts predicted a second wave, but did they predict when things might start to improve again? Ie are we in for a shitty 8 months or so now until the sun comes back out again?

News is absolutely depressing.
Afraid so Ayrshire. As soon as the windows close and the heating gets ramped up then it's going to spread like wild fire :((

England hospital data:

10 deaths - 3 from the North West. 4 from Yorkshire.

That looks like good news and is lower than yesterday. But Sunday data is always the lowest.

The last 3 weeks the total numbers for the whole UK have been rising from 2 to 3 to 9 last week (and that 9 was from just 1 single England hospital death.)

So in that context 10 of them today v 1 last week looks very different as a place to start from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.