COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Photo of my lads "covid secure" school. Strap in kids, this is going to get messy...again.

Attachments

• werneth.jpg
    werneth.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 109
The only thing that will sort anything for us to lead a normal life at this time is a test that gives results quickly. As in less than half an hour or so. Does anyone know if that is near?

The only thing that will sort anything for us to lead a normal life at this time is a test that gives results quickly. As in less than half an hour or so. Does anyone know if that is near?
They've been talking about this for ages but never seems to happen.

Saliva test pilot in Salford and Southampton https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-54006331

There's also some point of care tests in London Hospitals https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/204494/rapid-90minute-covid19-test-shown-highly/

New Lighthouse lab opening at end of October too.

I completely understand the wording makes it look bad and it plays into a narrative of us vs. them, but I suspect in this case it's much less about multi-millionaires getting driven around in the rolls or bentley, and more for the kind of people who live alone and either through age or disability can't drive.

Good to hear a balanced response especially of late. The army assistance announcement set a few off the other day (revolution has started etc).

Of course, I wouldn’t put it past these melon farmers taking the Michael somewhat...

I don't know about this viral load argument. It seems plausible, but I really don't know.

What is f***ing obvious however is that you catch this thing by ingesting virus through your nose and mouth, and you get it into your nose and mouth by either inhaling it, or by getting your hands contaminated and touching your nose or mouth.

If everyone wears a face mask then (a) you don't inhale other peoples' coughed up mucus and (b) surfaces have got less virus on them because infected people are not coughing virus onto their hands and spreading it that way. Also, you don't put you hand in your own mouth when you have your own mask on.

So universal mask-wearing, on it's own, makes a HUGE difference. This has always been the case and it's shameful that we never drove this point home right from the beginning. The best thing the government could do would be to rigorously enforce - with the threat of very severe fines or imprisonment - everyone to wear a mask in public, and especially when indoors.

Anyone choosing to wilfully ignore the rules should be punished severely so as to make an example of them. Noel Gallagher - for whom a £10k fine means nothing - should be given 6 months in prison, for example. This is not a game. Other reckless behaviour which endangers the lives of others can result in custodial sentences, and so should this.
You want me to wear a mask while I’m walking my dog in the park ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.